Black People : Which Is Worse - Us or Them Talking Ugly About Us?

Peace and Blessings Family,

Which is worse, us talking negatively about ourselves, or others talking negatively about us?

Some seem very sensitive when others do the very same thing that we do often. I absolutely hate all negative talk about us, coming from anyone, but as much as I've posted about it, tried to stop Sisters and Brothers from doing it, I've never been successful. Sisters and Brothers come here all the time, and always have, venting on what they don't like about what another Sister or Brother is or has done, and even, our collective shortcomings. I've even read where one Brother posted here, that we have small brains, or something of that nature. Rarely will you find the same person that is complaining about other Black People, speaking about their own shortcomings / failures. That just doesn't happen (or rarely).

But let another person come in and say something ugly about us, and we all get up in arms. I don't understand this.

It seems to me, knowing history like we do, that others talking or thinking of us in negative terms, would be a given ... like water on a duck's back ... but that's not how it goes.

In addition ... it just doesn't seem logical, for a people that think and speak so poorly of their own selves, their own people, would get all bent out of shape when someone else does it. I could see us getting bent out of shape if we never did it, but we have thousands of posts here proving otherwise.

It's like the parent that abuses their child, but doesn't want anyone else to abuse the baby.

That's krazee.

First, we have to learn not to abuse our own selves, speak ill of our own selves and people, before we can be getting all out of shape when someone else does the very thing we do.

No, I don't like it. I've challenged those doing it over and over again, as they defend their right to have and voice their negative opinions of Black People. None have ever been banned for this (as far as I can recall), even though I hate it. If I were going to have some success in this area, I'd think it would be with Black People ... perhaps some self preservation stuff might kick in, or something ... but nope, that does not happen.

So if it doesn't happen with those that are the subject and authors of the negative commentary ... how much more successful do we expect to be with those outside of ourselves?

It's as though we can dish it out, but we can't take it.

Which is worse ... us talking negatively of our own selves, or others doing it?

It's like expecting someone to respect you and/or your people, when you don't respect you and/or your people.

That's krazee to me. Is it krazee to you too? Or am I just krazee all by myself ... :nuts: ... :) ... ??

Looking forward to your responses.

Love You Family! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

I dont have a problem with self-criticism if it is constructive. Therefore "Us talking about Us" is worse because it can be more harmful if the talk is gossip, rumor-mongering or "hating" against each other which results in in-fighting.

Personally, i'm not phazed by white folks talking about us because its to be expected. I selectively limit my interaction with them so that i'm not bothered unless they go out of their way to offend me.

I dont have a problem with self-criticism if it is constructive. Therefore "Us talking about Us" is worse because it can be more harmful if the talk is gossip, rumor-mongering or "hating" against each other which results in in-fighting.

Personally, i'm not phazed by white folks talking about us because its to be expected. I selectively limit my interaction with them so that i'm not bothered unless they go out of their way to offend me.

Uhhh yeah, right:qqb004:

and your posts truly reflect your commitment to that ethic:qqb010:

There have always been whites here and there will alwaays be

Don't matter both come off bad and none productive.....Somethings change and something should never change!!

However when folks come here with names decribeing sex toys or derogatory terms as , a Black person calling themselves the N word as a name on an Italian site or Irish ssite or Orthodox Jewish site,
then discord appears to be eminent.

To say that Blaack folks trying to establish a Black website is racist,
when those who post would more then likely prefer not to live next door to you,
becomes obvious irritants.

also the post that was recently closed

these things will increase as whites are upset about the Fox propaganda regading our sister Sherrod,
becuase it is evident that this onslaught occured at that time.

maybe there will be an entire Tea Party landing on the shores of this website

Now this issue about Black folks talking bad about Black folks needs to be cleared up in a scientific and methodical fashion for instance

1 Destee.com has rules and regulations

people are reprimanded for breaking the rules, and then if it s not remediated, then they are banned

2 As Africans living in one of the only areas on the planet were Africans enjoy some semblance of democracy and freedom of speech,
the African community here as well as the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights have rules as well

so it is not hate or talking bad about any public servant or elected official, when folks post facts or ask questions about the behavior of politicians

that break the rules of the African community in the US or the Constitution or the Bill of Rights

Speak for yourself since I was not addressing you in the first place. If memory serves me correct it was your rumor-mongering and character assassination attacks on another brother that prompted me to respond to you last, and since then I have for the most part ignored your posts and will no longer address you unless you got something to say about what I post such as these last remarks.

Furthermore, my posts do reflect my commitment "to that ethic" which is why I give more thanks than I have recieved. I dont create a multitude of threads with probing questions then criticize or exhort folks with strong arm tactics to agree with what I post. I tend to engage and then know when to disengage. I give forlks thanks for posting in threads I create even when I may not agree with their point of view.

I also share more information based on research rather than relying on hyperbolic rhetoric aimed to provoke rather than educate.

I am also one of the few people here who use my actual name in which I am known outside of the internet. Omowale Jabali. Therefore, I am not simply an e-net character hiding behind a computer screen unable to stand behind my statements in real time.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back