Black People : Which Is The Lesser of The Two EVILS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nubian1Princess, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Nubian1Princess

Nubian1Princess Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Which is the lesser of the two EVILS ???

Here's the thing....I'm not voting and I refuse to vote or register as a Republican or Democrat because I don't feel either party or candidate is addressing what is important to myself or those in my community.

I registered as an Indpendent and faced criticism from the Sisters registering me and still continue to face criticism from those around me.

Family, how ya'll feel about standing alone and refusing to follow the lead of the Rock the Votes and the other campaigns being slammed in our face by those that are supposed to be our leaders of today?

It is not enough to just register to vote but there must be some education to accompany that action.

After registering what is there to do? Vote for the lesser of the two evils?

This I refuse to do so I stand alone on the side and search, wait, and try to spiritually connect with those revolutionary beings interested in obtaining some of the goals the original Black Panthers had in their day.

Peace and UHURU !!!

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I FEEL U, I REGISTERED BUT I AM DEBATING WETHER OR NOT I WILL VOTE. I MEAN AS I SAID IN ANOTHER THREAD KERRY AND BUSH R BOTH MEMBERS OF SKULL AND BONES. KERRY IS A 2 FACED PIECE OF TOFU, WHT WILL REALLY CHANGE IF HES IN OFFICE. HE DOES NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT AFRIKANS HIM AND HIS RICH WIFE PROBABLY SIT NEXT TO BUSH AT KLAN MEETINGS. LIKE I SAID IM STILL NOT SURE IF I WILL VOTE, I VOTED IN THJE LAST THEFT I MEAN ELECTION AND FELT LIKE A FOOL, I WEANT AGAINST MY OWN CONSCIENCE JUST TO KEEP THE DEVIL OUT OF THE HOUSE.

VOTING 4 THE LESSOR THE PROBLEM IS U GET EVIL EITHER WAY.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    you folks have convinced me.
    i agree, you should not vote.

you sound so negative, so ill informed and so very short sighted, you probably would not be able to master the voting machine.

i don't think you should invoke the name of the BPP.
    i knew the BPP, and you people would not have made it in the BPP that i knew.

:peace:

4. Nubian1Princess

Nubian1Princess Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

You lack overstanding. I am NOT against voting. I'm just not voting for individuals that I don't agree with. My reason for posting was just to get the opinions of others on this topic.

And as far as the BPP goes, I admire what they did and appreciate their work. I'm not talking about starting another party or anything of the sort. I'm simply speaking of educating and committing ourselves to a better African community here in Amerikkka.

I don't feel your comment about being ill informed, short sighted, or what I can or cannot master or accomplish is needed. My opinion does not give leeway for you to come to such judgements. Perhaps you wanted to get something more out of my statements than what I actually stated.

If you kool wit the candidates then vote. We're told that your vote counts. :?:

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Let us face reality

This is a question that has been burning us for a while now and will continue to grow. Let's face reality we as a people are not trying to go back to Africa nor can we bring our past glory here either. What can do is recognize what we have accomplished and build upon that. Currently there are more African American home owners, CEOs, Millionaires, Politicians, Entrepeneurs, Middle Class Citizens, Scholars, College Graduates, etc. than ever. In the same light there are more African Americans in prisons and more "black on black" crime than ever also. So what I'm saying is in some way we are a part of the American Tapestry like it or not. I would like to ask all the " Black Militants " out there, " Have you every been outside of America to Africa or Haiti for instances and seen how our brothers and sisters are living? If you have why didn't you stay? And why are our brothers and sisters leaving their homeland to try life in America or Europe? Well we know the answer to those questions. So we don't have it so bad after all. If anyone here is able to read this thread your life is much better than our brothers and sisters in Sudan, Liberia and Haiti. So as Africans AMERICANS what do we want from our country? If anyone hear that thinks the "Powers that be" is going to "give us something", you are sadly mistaken. The only thing this country has given us was a all expensive paid one-way cruise here and the crack of a whip. Everything else we've earned. So what makes us think it going to stop here and now. America is not giving us nothing. We've got to take it. Republicans believe they can win without our vote because we don't vote and Democrats believe they can passify and patronize us by funding programs that stunt and stagnate our development. So who do we vote for? Well my brothers and sisters why can't we raise up a leader that we cater to our needs? We know every four years there's going to be an election. So that gives us a four year headstart to get our act together. Ever since the Korean War the presidency has been four year terms for no more than two terms that can a president be in office. We can understand the struggles of the fifties and sixties so why haven't we made more progress? Well I say we have. Right now as we read or type or whatever, if something were to happen to the current President and Vice President the interim president would be and African American. Is that not a major accomplishment in the history of African Americans? I know some of you are saying "he's not the leader I chose". Well what leader did you choose and where are they today? Simply put if we don't want to be represented by someone we don't approve of we must get involved in the process and be active. Change will come but not if we squander our time away or do nothing. For those who do nothing and complain, stop crying you get what you deserve. That would cover most of us sometimes myself included.

Peace

Radical Faith

P.S. If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always gotten.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    the why r so many ppl coming to america, and so few leaving is getting old. every country u mentioned radical r is stillspinning from the effects of imperialism, also from currupt leaders who r paid by europe and amerikkka.this country of our the u.s. is great because of black labor, also many of those immagrants come here to send money back home, and help rebuild their country.amerikkka is a good quality of life if used correctly meaning the many oppurtunities available, but its great still only because of murder theft and slavery.

wht can change us? a leader? nah...how bout building ur own and cntroling ur own cash flow, education ect. voting will do nothing but put another cracka in office, clinton,kerry,bush all skull and bones members. yes these a-holes all attend the same little boys club where they sit and laugh at how ppl r so easily fooled by this "free system".

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    A Change gone come oh yes it will.

Brother have a little faith we may not see it but it's coming. That's why it is so important that we as parents hold our children to a higher standard. Part of is becoming a better example of manhood or womanhood for our children. That means put the Newports or Kools down, stop cursing and put the beer, wine and weed down. If we can send them to five star camps to be better ball players, why can't we teach our children to become better students? See we're not tire of slumming yet. Our children are living in the same misery because we propetuate that same misery. We must take our power back.

Peace

Radical Faith