Black People : Which Came First?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by phynxofkemet, May 4, 2008.

?

Which came first, sexism or racism? Please support your vote

Poll closed Jun 3, 2008.
  1. Racism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sexism

100.0%
  1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Sexism or Racism?

There are many readers and posters on Destee with a great understanding of HIStory or OURSTORY, depending on how you see it. I'd like to know which form of division came first, racism or sexism, and if you choose to vote on this please support your argument with a reference / research point that can be validated. Cheers.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Without a doubt it was sexism. The conflict of the matriarch and the patriarch can best be reviewed in a work by Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop entitled: "Domains of the Matriarch and Patriarch". This conflict goes beyond even the first so called dynasty of Kemet but it was an issue that our ancestors resolved.

3. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Thank you

Brother Keita, I will seek this book. And reply when further knowledgable. I believe it was sexism but must compile more reserach for my theorum. What interests me is that you say the issue was resolved. I will not challenge this unless I complete further studies and can support a comprehensive theory. Thank you again.

4. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    I don't know. Both were here when I got here so I would have to say in direct answer to your question that I do not know. And I don't need to know in order to solve both problems at the same time.

The process for producing a SYSTEM of justice...meaning it is guaranteed that no person is mistreated and also guaranteed that the person who needs help the most get the most help in all areas of people activity including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War...produces a situation where neither racism (white supremacy) exists nor sexism exists.

If sexism is females being mistreated on the basis of being females or if sexism is males being mistreated on the basis of being males it is of no consenquence since in a SYSTEM of justice no person is mistreated for any reason.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    in this country?
    within our race?
    all over the world?

this question is very vague and can be interpreted many wayz....

one love
    khasm

6. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Art Imitates or Represents Life...

Part of my theory is: the oppression of people happens because the Art work that symbolized the Gift Of Divinity within huemans has been hidden/destroyed/sealed up and kept away from their owners. I see a pattern of spiritual significance but I have to first be sure of the order. I believe it is relevant to understand the order of dis-ease in order to heal it and prevent it's reoccurance.

After viewing the slides about Mama Wata, produced by Mama Zogbe and Mamaissii Vivian, it seems to me that oppression of womben came first in the world, after which the division of people by race. From what I've seen of ancient stories from other nations, Womben did indeed hold a vestige of power until... a division of faith, religion caused the infrastructure to change which then allowed racism to prosper and to sit on top of the foundation of injustice.

I am curious when I look around and examine how people treat one another, if racism would or could be institutionalized by womben. This is a broad question, but that's how I begin my queries. The sybils and black doves, the African madonnas all had statues to represent their divine power on earth. After being enslaved by what seems to be their own men, in Kemet and other Patriarchal religions the statues went underground, eventually disappering from Europe, Asia and Africa.

In India, many of the temples were likewise pillaged with the original statues of esoteric artwork being sold on the market worldwide. India still sells much of her symbolic spiritual work to the highest bidders and we are familiar with the condition of that country. In Asia, China is one of the most powerful countries, but here again if you search on Ebay the selling of ancient statues like Kwan Yin are prominent and the face of Buddah has changed from an Afro-Asiatic to a fair skinned, straight haired, Hellenistic version. The direction of Asia has changed as well to a power that emulates the greed, iron hand and vengenance of the Caucasian cousin. In North America, Turtle Island the collective worship of the female through Buffalo Womban, and CopperWomban have all fought to survive in the hearts of their children. When the White man appeared here, the first thing he did was change the order of power so as to address the men of the tribes rather than the womben. Today, many of the tribal councils are held by men, and they in turn emulate the White man in the abuse of money, resources and power.

Now, when I watch a modern Catholic festival in Italy or such places... the Saints are carried down the street along with a Caucasian man (symbolic of Jesus/Christ) and they place money on him.
    Interesting don't you think, that the statues being a symbolic representation of the White male here on earth receive love/devotion and monetary donations and in real life, the same phenomena happens?

The buildings we engineer are 90% phallic in their structure, this is another representtion of male domination. Building lower to the ground, in round form symbolizes the womban and does one other thing: equalizes everyone. The need for status is evident in buildings with top floors belonging to executives, and the ultra rich. Being "above" everyone else. But in a teepee, or adobe structure, or circular buildings like those all over the world, all huemans remain firmly grounded and therefore equal. Natural justice symbolically desinged and engineered.

So, yes I believe this dis-ease of injustice has an order and must be healed in the proper order.

Could it be that the symbolic desecreation of womben allowed for their oppression? If so, then every media image, movie, news report that focuses on this image of womben as beaten, impoverished, powerless, over sexualized, etc... continues to harness a power that feeds her situation in real life. This then opens the door for racism, because there is only so much room at the top of the pyramid!

Once the White man figured out that what happened symbolically then manifested literally, he returned to the Motherland, armed with the intention to destroy or steal any spiritual /religious symbol that connected divine power to the Black man and womban. To this day he "OWNS OUR SOULS SYMBOLICALLY AND PUTS THEM ON DISPLAY IN MUSEUMS/MAUSOLEUMS WORLDWIDE" It is a symbolic incarceration of the Greatness we once were which then translates into a literally incarceration now.

From a young age, I have always believed that Justice must first come by restoring these items to their rightful owners. We have to legally petition for the return of these all artifacts/artistic works. The Caucasian commissions his own beauty to be formalized into churches and saints, and works of art where today they still receive awe, reverance, (power) and capital gains.
    When not in such an obvious form, he paints himself in his idealized role through Holy-wood, and commercialized media like radio and magazines.
    When was the last time anyone saw a picture of an impoverished Caucasian male, beaten or raped?

Maybe, this is why the Source of Creation can never have a symbol / representation of itself. To do so would be the cause of it's own demise.