Black Spirituality Religion : Which ancestors do I Communicate With?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I understand that it is about invoking and communicating with the ancestors and not worshipping them. Now my question is--which ancestors? Can I dial the extension of the ancestor I want or will my invocation be answered by the next available operator? Are there certain types of ancestors that I should avoid and how do I avoid them? Are there certain types of ancestors I won't be able to communicate with and why not ?

river said:
I understand that it is about invoking and communicating with the ancestors and not worshipping them. Now my question is--which ancestors? Can I dial the extension of the ancestor I want or will my invocation be answered by the next available operator? Are there certain types of ancestors that I should avoid and how do I avoid them? Are there certain types of ancestors I won't be able to communicate with and why not ?

Sistah River you ask a number of very pertinent questions here. I've posted a few dos and don'ts concerning appropiate protocal concerning invokation and communication with your ancestors (ogun, and the Orishas), however brotha Ifasehun has a very comprehensive website addressing this issue at length and in great detail. Here is a link to his site.

http://www.rootsandrooted.org/index.htm

May your ancestors raise you conciousness in an every ascending spiral of strength, health and life.

Ase

shen maat said:
YOU CAN NOT JUST KNOW THE NAMES OF THE ANCESTORS , YOU MUST IMPRESS UPON YOUR SPIRIT THE UNDERSTANDING OF WHO AND WHAT THAT ANCESTOR IS AND WHAT! HE OR SHE STANDS FOR LET THE RIDERS IN THE BOAT GUIDE YOU. THE ANCESTORS OF THE ONES THAT DWELLED HERE FIRST.

Is it easier to communicate with an ancestor you knew in your present existence? For example, if I tried to communicate with my father who has passed on versus trying to communicate with someone further up in the family tree?

karmashines said:
Is it easier to communicate with an ancestor you knew in your present existence? For example, if I tried to communicate with my father who has passed on versus trying to communicate with someone further up in the family tree?

Usually! however your relationship with your father may be closer or distant than a sibling. The efficacy of communication with an ancestor is often contingent upon the quality of character between the ancestor and the family member.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back