Black People : Where'd the bailout money go?

Just out of curiousity....

Most Americanized African/Black people are so happy to have a so called "first" but in reality "seventh" President that it's mind blowing. Ignorance (the state of not knowing) will do that to most of us. We haven't quite learned to look beyond the skin we're in yet to understand "what Africaness/Blackness is yet! I'll be the first one to say that "all this corruption going on did not start with white people". It started with our our own people. White people simply took the ball and ran with it and put their own self preserving spin on it....but you can best believe it started with our people first....those of us who lost the reality of who we were. That's a cold truth you may not want to hear but what it is, is what it is!

Our people were tied all up in the formation and governing of this country from the very first beginning. Our people were down with the corruption from the very beginning up till this present day...and you can say what you want to out of passion and ignorance but Mr. Obama is down with it also! His appointments to his cabinets and circles he belongs to has confirmed that for me already. However, this isn't about him per se. It's about our being gullible in thinking and believing that this system will be better when he gets into office. His job isn't to make it better but to make sure that it doesn't collapse until they can reinforce it, cut and dry!

That however isn't going to happen yet either from what I am reading. Please check out the following:

WASHINGTON – It's something any bank would demand to know before handing out a loan: Where's the money going? But after receiving billions in aid from U.S. taxpayers, the nation's largest banks say they can't track exactly how they're spending the money or they simply refuse to discuss it.

"We've lent some of it. We've not lent some of it. We've not given any accounting of, 'Here's how we're doing it,'" said Thomas Kelly, a spokesman for JPMorgan Chase, which received $25 billion in emergency bailout money. "We have not disclosed that to the public. We're declining to."

The Associated Press contacted 21 banks that received at least $1 billion in government money and asked four questions: How much has been spent? What was it spent on? How much is being held in savings, and what's the plan for the rest?

None of the banks provided specific answers.

"We're not providing dollar-in, dollar-out tracking," said Barry Koling, a spokesman for Atlanta, Ga.-based SunTrust Banks Inc., which got $3.5 billion in taxpayer dollars.

Some banks said they simply didn't know where the money was going.

"We manage our capital in its aggregate," said Regions Financial Corp. spokesman Tim Deighton, who said the

continued read:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081222/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_secrets

We are thinking and moving like everything's going to be okay but it isn't, not by a long shot! Our suffering hasn't even started yet! How in the hell can Mr. Obama know what being African/Black is when he was raised by a Cracker!? What's the difference between a Saltine and a Ritz? Not one darn thing! One might be a little darker than the other but they are both ********! Wake Up People !!

If we are to look beyond the skin to understand our Afrikaness/Blackness that how can you discriminate those of us who are raised by Caucasians, Asians or Indian womben? Or do you just want to look at those Black people who have 2 Black parents, and then use X ray vision to determine if they're Setian sell-outs?

Since corruption started with your own people, is there some kind of cure for heal that self-betrayal, and ultimately then the war isn't between whites and blacks, it's between Blacks with power and Blacks that wish they had it?
:uhh:

Knowing that money is just a manufactured product of control maybe the underdog should print his own currency, and make it spendable within the services of his own community?

When I stand critical of someone, I think it is incumbant upon me to have an alternative to the ideas I am critical of. In the case of the OP, he is critical of Obamas appointments and political direction. I respect that he is politically informed. I believe him to be very informed. Therefore, if he is criticizing Obama's choices and direction, I ask what would he do? his objectives, etc.

(((excell))) I see that you have come out to play... :1on1:

How can you ask someone to do what you yourself, has not done when asked?

Ah, your above quote seems to be a contradiction to your past and much recent arguments, being that you have not shared with anyone, your alternative to self destructive behavior amongst blacks, when you have been asked several times. You have over and over, critically and I mean critically, criticized, yet you have no ideas for an alternative to end or solve the problem of self destructive behavior, as you label it. :kickball:

Maybe it is because you are not as informed as you pretend to be, how could you be?

This is not an opener for debate, it is just my observation. :bball:

Brotha Malcolm X, Garvey, and our Ancestors and Warriors who refused to settle for failure answered this question over, and over, and over again - but because we don't want to listen and are far too scared and fearful when it comes to dealing with America for who and what it is, so-called "African Americans" will never be free!

(Attack the Message, and not the Messenger!)

KWABENA

Excellent point KWABENA...

Astrologer4U

thanks for responding.

Well I can't speak for Keita, but one thing that I would do is to not appoint people with histories of mistakes and corruption. I mentioned in another thread that not all politicians are "bad" people or corrupt. There have been and there still are certain political figures, experts, analyst, etc. that bring good ideas to the table. I see all these stimulus packages being given out to "boost" the economy, yet I'm not seeing any of these people in power developing strategies to end a war that is killing the U.S. economy everyday (not to mention people as well). Instead of using trillions of dollars to fund wars why not use it to improve our education system (which is horrible compared to other countries), developing programs that keep our people out of prison so that they too can be productive citizens, etc. These aren't well detailed plans and I'll be the first to say that being president of any country isn't an easy task, but there are a lot of simple solutions that could change the direction of the United States.
Well, hopefully Keita will choose to speak to this himself.
I agree with what you have said on this issue as it generally applies to this subject. I would like Keita to be specific in his response since he is very politically informed.

Insomuch as your point on developing programs that keep our people out of prison, do you have any specific ideas you think might be helpful in this task?

Like you mentioned it's something that will never happen, which makes me question is it even possible for African Americans to ever really be truely "free" in America? If the answer to that is "no," then what is next best option?

Personally, I feel I am "free" in America. Just as free as any other American, that is. But, that question is important to our overall goals and objectives. IF, we think we cannot be truely "free" in America, we should be working towards getting out of America or at least separation within America. On the other hand, if we feel we are, or can be free we should be working towards being the best we can be in and for America. Basically a different set of tactics will be required based on what our overall objectives are.

What concerns me is that I am not sure what our collective objectives are. I know for me, I feel free in America. I don't feel restrained by my skin. I can be what I want. This has been my personal experience. I am not claiming I live above racism or that I don't encounter it, I am claiming however, that racism has not hindered me from accomplishing any goals I have set out to obtain. I clearly understand that not all feel this way, in fact most probably don't. We need clear plans to address our problems based on our objectives, both independently as well as collectively.

(((excell))) I see that you have come out to play... :1on1:

How can you ask someone to do what you yourself, has not done when asked?

Ah, your above quote seems to be a contradiction to your past and much recent arguments, being that you have not shared with anyone, your alternative to self destructive behavior amongst blacks, when you have been asked several times. You have over and over, critically and I mean critically, criticized, yet you have no ideas for an alternative to end or solve the problem of self destructive behavior, as you label it. :kickball:

Maybe it is because you are not as informed as you pretend to be, how could you be?

This is not an opener for debate, it is just my observation. :bball:

I have, in fact, given alternative opinions and ideas for problem solving for EVERY problem I have spoke on.

If you have specific questions on specific problems I will be happy to revisit any topic/problem you claim I have not provided alternative solutions to.

Just because you don't agree with my alternatives doesn't mean I did not present them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back