Pets / Animals : Where would you rather get your pet?

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
For those who have a pet, what animal and breed is it? Where did you get it from? For those who are looking to get a pet, would you rather get it from the pet store, buy it from a friend or from an animal shelter?

I got my two rabbits from a pet store in town. I am in a way glad that I did not get mine from a shelter and especially not from a friend or previous owner because although it would most likely be trained potty wise and spayed or neutered, I feel it would be harder to bond with them due to possible past abuse they have experienced. Plus I truly relish the feeling of being the first owner of the pet. :) However, I am not against me getting a rabbit from a shelter, because in all reality that was my original plan, but it fell through lol.

So what about you guys?

Over the years my children have had pets, and someone usually gave it to us.

Being a Single Mother ... shooo ... i koodn't hardly feed the chiren, let alone buy and feed a pet!

Ours were usually given to us ... though i'm gett'n vague memories of buying a hamster ... :thinking:

hmmmm ... well ... most all were free ... to start with ... :)

:heart:

Destee

I'm thinking of the pet store option...that, or thru a newspaper ad. I want an AKC pixie bob kitten (at least 6 wks old). I once raised a pixie bob AKC kitten that belonged to my housemate and fell in love with it! I might not have been the owner of that cat, but it wound up being MINE! At least, until I moved out, and had to say goodbye to my Shadow...:em18: Before then, you couldn't have PAID ME to give a hang about any kind of pet.

Just goes to show.

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back