Pets / Animals : Where would you rather get your pet?

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
For those who have a pet, what animal and breed is it? Where did you get it from? For those who are looking to get a pet, would you rather get it from the pet store, buy it from a friend or from an animal shelter?

I got my two rabbits from a pet store in town. I am in a way glad that I did not get mine from a shelter and especially not from a friend or previous owner because although it would most likely be trained potty wise and spayed or neutered, I feel it would be harder to bond with them due to possible past abuse they have experienced. Plus I truly relish the feeling of being the first owner of the pet. :) However, I am not against me getting a rabbit from a shelter, because in all reality that was my original plan, but it fell through lol.

So what about you guys?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Over the years my children have had pets, and someone usually gave it to us.

Being a Single Mother ... shooo ... i koodn't hardly feed the chiren, let alone buy and feed a pet!

Ours were usually given to us ... though i'm gett'n vague memories of buying a hamster ... :thinking:

hmmmm ... well ... most all were free ... to start with ... :)

:heart:

Destee

Mercyless1803

Apr 12, 2012
California
No pets right now but I can only have a dog

Nope no cats. A dog will stand and bark in front your enemy , go down with you. A cat will run away faster than u say will i am . scared p_ussy cat

Gorilla

Jan 31, 2009
Shelters and rescues probably offer just about anything someone could be after from a private/specialized breeder. They can also help you with getting the pets fixed and those initial sets of immunizations. They're my preference.

Fieldpea

Oct 15, 2005
The 602
I'm thinking of the pet store option...that, or thru a newspaper ad. I want an AKC pixie bob kitten (at least 6 wks old). I once raised a pixie bob AKC kitten that belonged to my housemate and fell in love with it! I might not have been the owner of that cat, but it wound up being MINE! At least, until I moved out, and had to say goodbye to my Shadow...:em18: Before then, you couldn't have PAID ME to give a hang about any kind of pet.

Just goes to show.

One Love, and PEACE

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: