Black Short Stories : Where there's a will, there's a way

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by poetic_diva, Aug 2, 2004.

1. poetic_diva

poetic_diva Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I often sit and contemplate about my life being different. If you told me about five years that my life was going in this direction, I probably would have told you shut up. One thing I did learn is that "your present condition is not your conclusion" Well I'll explain that later. I know your probably wondering who I am. My name is Yvinne, and I'm twenty years old. I currently attend college and I love it so much, I've learned a lot since I first started. Actually you might as well say that would be the beginning of my turning point in life. Besides that I love college because it gives you knowledge and knowledge is power. I love that saying, its tickles me silly. In fact I'm laughing right now, ha, ha, ha, anyway that's a little about me.

I guess you can say my life changed on August 25, 2001, this was also the day Aaliyah died, besides being devastated about this, it was also the day I started talking to this guy, and boy would he change my life forever. His name was Maurice and boy was he a cutie, I mean he was so fine. Tall like 6'4, chocolate, with the most beautiful smile, that will turn the gloomiest, doughtiest day, into a hot bright summer day. Every time I saw that smile it would bring butterflies to my stomach, that smile made me believe I could conquer the world.

To Be Continued....
    Please bare with me, this is my first attempt to write a short story. I would love to hear some opinions. Much love and God Bless :spin:

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome to short stories sistah poetic_diva
    this was very lovely and well pose'd // written wow!
    pt.2 please lovin it

3. poetic_diva

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

~Rich-Thanks, I was so nerves about posting this. I am trying to write a book, however I will just post the most important parts on here, or give a brief sencerio of the novel. I will not keep you guys hanging and part II is on the way. Thanks for the encouragement. Much love and God Bless.

"I can do all things through Christ, which strenghtens me" Philippians 4:13 :spin:

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    word up ! u have a great art hand and skillz
    do bring it on ya family here relax and write

5. poetic_diva

Ratings:
    +0