Black People : Where is the respect of our youth?

let me start my rant.

there are too many parents who aren't teaching their kids respect.

there are too many kids raising kids...who don't know anything about respect. HOW CAN ANYONE TEACH SOMEONE SOMETHING THAT THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT?

there are too many parents who teach their kids that they can do whatever they want...and the only people they have to respect is them--the parents. unfortunately, too many of these undisciplined kids end up in prison because...if parents don't teach their kids discipline, limitations, and respect for authority, the system will.

in this society of, DON'T YOU SAY NOTHING TO MY CHILD, we've abandoned the things that made us strong--unity, community, and respect. even if our kids are wrong, we don't want anyone to say anything to them. when the teacher callsabout our kids behavior, we go to the school, ready to jump on the teacher...rather than discipline our kids. when the cops call about our kids being arrested for their behavior, we shout about being victims of racial profiling and racist cops...instead of trying to straighten our kids out. when the judge sentence our kids to prison, we cry and weep about an UNJUST system of justice that pits US against THEM. WE DO EVERYTHING BUT WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING...correcting our children.

now that things are out of hand, and our kids have been written off by everyone under the sun, we want to blame it all on someone else. BUT NOT OURSELVES.

OUR KIDS ARE DISRESPECTFUL BECAUSE WE RAISE THEM THAT WAY...and we dare everyone to say anything about it.

LET'S BE REAL ABOUT THE THANG.

Whaaattt!!! You use to do that to grown folks? I will get over it, but the lack of respect for no darn reason is ridiculous. At least let me have said something that they didn't like, but to just do it for kicks and giggles, is crazy.

I used to do worse things to adults...I was hellion...

*shrugs*...He was trying to impress probably one of the girls there

I work with kids EVERYDAY with attitudes, some because they're just teens going through hormonal changes, some times its to impress friends, other times it's cause they have a hard time at home and they get away with it there...

I've done worse and I've had worse things done to me then that incident..

I used to do worse things to adults...I was hellion...

*shrugs*...He was trying to impress probably one of the girls there

I work with kids EVERYDAY with attitudes, some because they're just teens going through hormonal changes, some times its to impress friends, other times it's cause they have a hard time at home and they get away with it there...

I've done worse and I've had worse things done to me then that incident..
You know what, I just thought about what you said, and I remembered one time I was in the hallway, and told a bunch of kids that I wanted to cut my shop teacher's head off with one of the saws. He heard me, and I got detention over it. I guess you're right, kids will be kids. Sometimes it can be kind of hard to remember being a kid when you get older. I ain't gone front though, I was mad as hell!!! I guess I got to practice on humbling myself. I will say this, ain't no way in the world that I could work with kids everyday, I probably would have been fired a long time ago. No patience. Real talk.

You know what, I just thought about what you said, and I remembered one time I was in the hallway, and told a bunch of kids that I wanted to cut my shop teacher's head off with one of the saws. He heard me, and I got detention over it. I guess you're right, kids will be kids. Sometimes it can be kind of hard to remember being a kid when you get older. I ain't gone front though, I was mad as hell!!! I guess I got to practice on humbling myself. I will say this, ain't no way in the world that I could work with kids everyday, I probably would have been fired a long time ago. No patience. Real talk.

I used to work with kids in a juvenile detention center and these kids had some AT-TI-TUDES....you can't lower yourself to their level because thats what they want...Don't give them the satisfaction of giving them another chance to give you a smart remark...

And yes as you get older we tend to forget...We turn into those people who start saying crap like "LIL' WIPPER-SNAPPERS!"

And beside Rupunzal it wasn't that long ago when you or I were that age....Remember that...WE AREN'T OLD FOLKS!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back