Black People : WHERE IS THE LOVE?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Turtle-E, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Turtle-E

Turtle-E Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    WITH SO MUCH SEX ON THE TV, NEWS, AND MUSIC TODAYS KIDS, EVEN OUR OWN GENERATION CONFUSES LOVE AND SEX. CAN LOVE BE GAINED BACK? IS THIS THE BEGINING OF THE END OF MORALITY? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    :kiss1: Very good topic!
    I look at our youth today especially since I have a teanage sistah!
    These young cats watch stuff like getting sum he*d and that's all they have on their minds.
    They don't respect the young girls.
    The young girls have to mimic the videos by wearing clothes to show their a$$e$ instead of reaching into their hearts!
    It's sad actually because music use to be about love:kiss1:
    If ya play ya cards right,house is not a home ,love and happiness, let me know:kiss1: music was made to feed the mind body and soul and now it's used to get some!:maddd:
    Maybe so many of us adults have had our hearts broken so much we just don't want love anymore! After so much pain it just doesn't seem real anymore!
    Love was about hugging,getting to know each other,commitment,slow dancing,romance,respect,sacred,beautiful and full of promise:kiss1:
    :maddd: But now, this country ***, gold teeth wearing,disrespecting,degrading and heartless, flesh seeking gratifying bullchit they call music tarnished the real meaning of a union between a man and a woman.Adam and eve,ebony and her king.
    We have way too many baby mama's with no wedding rings!
    It's a **** shame!:bawling:

3. Turtle-E

Turtle-E Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    THATS DEEP SISTA! WHAT DO YOU THINK CAN BE DONE TO REGAIN THE WAY IT WAS?

4. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Love yourself first!!

Hey y’all… I’d like to share a little bit if I could.

I really don’t feel that finding/experiencing true love is lost. I feel that it’s all about us adults giving back to our youth. We have to spend time with them and show them how to love and respect themselves first. If they don’t love & respect themselves how can they expect anyone else to love and respect them? When someone love & respect themselves they will not accept being treated in an un-loving disrespectful manner.

Some of us have fallen by the wayside and gave up because we were hurt and we don’t want our children, nieces & nephews to experience what we did, but that’s life, and experience is the best teacher. But just because love hurts should not mean that one should give up on love all together.

Now in terms of sex, its true sex is pushed hard, and actually it always has been, we were just not aware of it. I see this as an opportunity to educate the youth. I think when we start to talk openly about sex in our homes and in our circles, it won’t be as big of a deal as the media wants to make it.

Now, as far as the way some of our sisters are dressing, it’s the same old thing, nothing new. They don’t “have” to dress the way some of them are dressing… they want to dress like that for the attention, so see it all goes back to educating them. See in my case my aunts took the time to tell me (educate), that I did not have to put all my stuff on display… well actually what they said was "babe leave something to the imagination" so once again that weight is fallen on us, so we can either start to educate or continue to talk about them.

So, the bottom line in my opinion…hey folks we have to wake up... it’s a new season… sex is being talked about everywhere else, so we better stop being afraid to talk about it openly in our homes, and in our circles. We better stop being afraid to tell our young sisters how to leave something to the imagination, and we better stop being afraid to teach our young brothers and sisters “self control”

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    ...:great: ...

6. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

So true.
    Well said.

7. Turtle-E

Turtle-E Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    VERY WELL SAID SISTA!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PEOPLE USING SEX AS AN EXCUSE TO GET TOGETHER?

8. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    :rolling: Anyone who says they don't want love is lying!
    Truth is they are afraid, so they hide behind sex .
    Honestly the only thing we can do is prevent ourselves from falling into a loveless relationship or aka booty calls! I try to tell my sister she is way too beautiful and smart to give her cookies away at such a young age!
    You know you can't tell todays youth nothing especially they've already done it!
    As far as adults go it's their choice but sooner later they will settle down, and the one they settle with will be the totale opposite of the sex movies and sex videos they watch!
    I'd rather be a wife not a ***:flirt:

9. Turtle-E

Turtle-E Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    WELL SAID SISTA. I FEEL YOU.