Black People : Where is all the negativity coming from for the new year?

Negativity depends on the interpreter.... I don't know why folks is crying in this thread about the negativity taking place here as if none of them themselves have ever been involved in negativity here at this site...LOL Serioulsy, if we learn to move on while having a few laughs, I don't see what would be negative about anything.

Skuderjames, you can start with re befriending Cherryblossom and I can start with trying to be friends with Mrs. Lady but I tell you this, although I am open to befriending her, it don't mean that I agree with the stuff she be running around here saying. And, it don't mean that we may never have it out with each other again either. If anyone around here thinks that this site being positive means that no one should argue or disagree, they are sadly mistaken. Negativity depends on the interpeter. If anyone is holding grudges against anyone, there is bound to be negativity in a negative way. And yes, there is a such thing as negativity in a positive way.

Astrologer4U

Negativity depends on the interpreter.... I don't know why folks is crying in this thread about the negativity taking place here as if none of them themselves have ever been involved in negativity here at this site...LOL Serioulsy, if we learn to move on while having a few laughs, I don't see what would be negative about anything.

Skuderjames, you can start with re befriending Cherryblossom and I can start with trying to be friends with Mrs. Lady but I tell you this, although I am open to befriending her, it don't mean that I agree with the stuff she be running around here saying. And, it don't mean that we may never have it out with each other again either. If anyone around here thinks that this site being positive means that no one should argue or disagree, they are sadly mistaken. Negativity depends on the interpeter. If anyone is holding grudges against anyone, there is bound to be negativity in a negative way.

Astrologer4U

good intentions duly noted..

I'm a firm believer that life teaches you the same lessons again and again
until you learn em.. until you learn them... the idea that one should just
forgive for forgiveness's sake, is, to my way of thinking, twisted.. but listen
my way of thinking has been custom made from my own experiences in life.
And it works for me.. and I think if we each trust each other to do what
works for them, we'll all be fine..

I have a conversational style and general outlook that naturally conflicts
with certain folks.. once, I realize who those folks are, I steer clear of
them.. that's what my life has taught me to do. And that's not a grudge..
that's the application of learning.. and is effective.

I could go into where I believe that whole forgive and forget notion of
forgiveness comes from.. and I could go into what I think it's for, but I think
we all know.. My memory is my primary asset and I never forget anything..
never.. reconcile--yes.. forget--no.. never. I don't call that holding a
grudge, I call it being responsible.

good intentions duly noted..

I'm a firm believer that life teaches you the same lessons again and again
until you learn em.. until you learn them... the idea that one should just
forgive for forgiveness's sake, is, to my way of thinking, twisted.. but listen
my way of thinking has been custom made from my own experiences in life.
And it works for me.. and I think if we each trust each other to do what
works for them, we'll all be fine..

I have a conversational style and general outlook that naturally conflicts
with certain folks.. once, I realize who those folks are, I steer clear of
them.. that's what my life has taught me to do. And that's not a grudge..
that's the application of learning.. and is effective.

I could go into where I believe that whole forgive and forget notion of
forgiveness comes from.. and I could go into what I think it's for, but I think
we all know.. My memory is my primary asset and I never forget anything..
never.. reconcile--yes.. forget--no.. never. I don't call that holding a
grudge, I call it being responsible.

And this too is duly noted.

In fact, it mirrors many of my own thoughts, feelings and actions!
When I acknowledge my "sensitivity" what I am also saying is I DO "sense" when I am in interaction with someone whose style conflicts with my own.
Many will "Label" this as "weak" "sad" etc yet, it is simply an awareness of myself in relation to others. Some work, some don't, I try and "keep it movin".....AFTER attempting to negotiate getting and giving what was intended by the Creator for our meeting and coming together.

I have also come to know, those we find so "disagreeable" with us, are those who we strongly identify with. That is, we have much more in common them we acknowledge or admit. What we dislike in another is the very thing within us we hide from self.

M.E.
:hearts2:

I understand you with that; however, some people take someone "not following the party line" or not taking the popular route as spreading the seeds of division and conflict.

Challenge to someone's thoughts and opinions is healthy. It becomes unhealthy once the challenge goes personal and attacks on personal integrity or sincerity come into play. In this thing, you can be neither friend or foe. Just be someone trying to make sense of how you personally view the world and make your contribution the best way you see it.

That's life. When I die, I could care less how the next person viewed me - my only concern is did I stay true to myself and live my life as the person I am rather than the classification people made me out to be. Too some - you will be a hater, an unconscious negro, a shucking and jiving coon, a race-traitor, an ignorant colored and to others - a revolutionary mind and advocate for change, a nation-builder, a self-sacrificing matyr. Yet, regardless of the definitions, you are only you.

Tuhwi
Yes that is true, challenge is good and we should cross examine each others beliefs and values and expose what we think are things that are fraud or inconsistent, and there is a dark side to focus on, however if folks chime in and say phuhq the Black movement or phuqh Christianity that is fine and healthy and there is freedom of speech, but many here were under the impression that this,

was not Black Planet,

and wonder why so many many old timers here and those with so much wisdom and sprituality and knowledge of communiy development, and healing, tools that folks really need,

feel the need to swoop inafter long hiatus,
like a vuluture on the carcas of that which they despise and feed on it slowly for days weeks months even years,
while the communiy at large is catching hell and in real desperate need for creative input from those in the know and those who have been given much.

Really and in all honesty, why would anyone post phuhq Chritianity for 20 to 30 consistent posts without providing wisdom from thier own spirituality or an alternative?
What is the process of converting someone if that is the goal?

why would folks not be here for long periods of time and swoop in and say Black community development is a "party line" or someone's pet agenda, when all of the Black leaders are on the payroll and the community is like a hospital with no doctors or nurses?

Why bash and beat up on the masses of Black folks who may be deaf dumb and blind to the knowledge of self, and then beat up on those Ausets who attempt to bring ideas of unity, postive energy and healing for the global Black community.

Negativity can be a religion for some also, but if folks need to practice that relgion here or express only negativity religiously , not at the oligarchy or the plutocracy, but to their own people,
without a comment or an idea towards solutions then that is fine also.

Folks have the right to express their inner nature regardless of what it is, but if many do not wish to KHEPERA that inner nature that destroys and causes discord, division and draining energy,
why expect anyone else to change their beliefs or attitudes?

The Black community here, Africa, the Carribbean and Europe will be facing untold horrors in the coming 4 years, police statehere, and AFRICOM to recolonize the Motherland and genocide.

but if folks don't care about that or feel a need to help then that is fine also!

one should only do what they feel comfortable with!

The bottomline is Black people are a diverse group of people. What one Black person may view as important and relevant may not necessary be the case with another. Who is to decide which is faulty in their interpretation?

On Destee, I have had many disagreements with many people here, yet at the end of the day, my debates and discussions do not leave me harbouring any ill will for another. No negativity. None. Life is too short. I do what I do - attempt to provide a good life for my family the best way I know how.

Sis. Astrologer said it right "If anyone around here thinks that this site being positive means that no one should argue or disagree, they are sadly mistaken. Negativity depends on the interpeter. If anyone is holding grudges against anyone, there is bound to be negativity in a negative way."

One thing I noticed that hamper us alot as a people is assumptions. We need to let off the assumptions. I used to assume that if a Black person espoused Christianity as their personal belief that somehow they had not come into a true knowledge of Self. It is our assumptions of each other that places the biggest wedge between us. It is not one Black person speaking what's on their mind or doing what they feel in their heart is right. It is our own self-righteousness that creates divisions.

Tuhwi

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back