Black Parenting : Where is a good place to raise black kids?

It is problematic, but no matter where you go or where you live, there will be events, people, and cultural differences that will not be in harmony with what you would choose for yourself or your family. The best place to give your children the best environment that will be most encouraging and positive for their growth is in the controlled environment of your home, no matter where that maybe. What elements that you let into your home or keep out will be the greatest influences on your family. When the tv and other mechanical distractions are off you have, or will have time to interact with them. The books, movies, games, songs, moral values, and spiritual teachings will be your hedge against the influences that they will surely encounter as they interact with people outside of your relm of influence and control. "Bend a tree while it is young and it will grow straight thereafter". You are the parent, and your home is not a democracy, you will listen to your children but the final decissions are left to the adults and not the children. This may take a little time for them to get use to your balance of love and discipline but with consistancy they will get use to accepting your position and will usually fall in line. They learn that your home is a sanctuary of love, discipline and peace. They will also learn that the things done in the streets or world are not acceptable in your home if they are not good and positive. Peace

Where is a good place to raise Black kids, in your opinion? I am open to moving abroad, especially to Africa. I am tired of how stupid things are in America. We have no solidarity here.

Sister, what do you wish to achieve?

You can raise excellent Africans anywhere in this world. To raise well, you need to inculcate an intelligent consciousness.

However, if you want to live in Prosperous, Independent African Communities, it's fitting for you to not just change the consciousness of your progeny, but the consciousness of your community wherever you go.

This you should reflect upon. Think of your former experiences and your influence therein. Then know in yourself how you can make the difference that secures goodness for your adopted community.

Where is a good place to raise Black kids, in your opinion? I am open to moving abroad, especially to Africa. I am tired of how stupid things are in America. We have no solidarity here.

peace

'black kids'? - :thinking:

anyway ......

At home.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back