Where has it gone?

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by SensualReality, Mar 26, 2004.

1. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    I wanted to ask how everybody feels about the music scene right now?Teen bands and rappers are everywhere and who do you think will stand?I listen to all types of music particularly jazz and true hip hop like kweli, dead prez etc....
    Will J-kwon survive practicing his numbers?lol let me quit just get back with me I gotta see where everybody's head is at.

2. Earthly Allure

Earthly Allure Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    The temple of Karnak, where the Earth Chylde prays
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dig folks like Kweli, Jay-z and Nas. But i'm an neo-soul baby and that is my life. I am 22 years old and I absolutely love Old Skool music of my parents and grand parents era. I'm just a kat with an old soul. LOL
    Peace and Blessings.
    ~Earthly Allure

3. LYriCaL-pAsSioN

LYriCaL-pAsSioN Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +0
    psssh dont get me started..lol

I luv hip-hop..and its artist....but only the artist that are sayin somethin real or purely speakin to yo soul, inlightenin yo mind...artist such as..Nas, Musiqq, The Roots, Erika Badu,ol' skoo lauren hill, Common,Raphaeal SadiQ, Alicia Keys & etc. And despite my age im all bout the ol' skoo scene. Lately though todays "soulful hip-hop and r&b" has died...in fact its been 6ft unda fo a long minute lol...all you hear is the same ol hella played out **** rappers talk about. All that ish they spit is talkin about is ho's shakin their *** & braggin bout all the ish they got when they got tha hood, then they hav the nerve to talk about no one givin them a helpin hand out tha hood but once they get up to tha top that aint done a dang thang to help nobody in the same situtation they was in just a hot min ago! When u listen to the radio now-a-days it just sound like a broken record ur hearin tha same exact song you heard b4 only the next song u hear has a diferent rapper & a different title to the song, but they still spittin the same ish like always. well mah sistah u kno where i stand on this whole hip-hop scene. nice ?...
    im ghost
    ))*WUN*((
    _*LYriCaL-pAsSioN*_

4. SensualReality

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm feelin both responses on the music.I looooove Neo-Soul,hip hop,and Jazz all other stuff I can't buy it I'll listen to it on the radio,but they will not get my money.I love listenin to music that makes me feel something and sending a joyful,romantic,or informative message...again thanks for your responses. :coffee:

5. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    um,um,um...

hmmmm...about J-Kwon iono maybe he will maybe he won't...lol...but the numbers gots to go...lolol...i'm diggin that jill scott...lauryn hill...mos def...and i llllooovveee erykah badu's mama's gun cd..off the hook...i don't know whats gotten into hip-hop...its VERY rare that u see me listening to it anymore....
    :heart:
    -story

6. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    How about that "Tipsy" video....he's talking everybody in the club...but why everybody in a house?????

7. SensualReality

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE

lololol omg I laughed when I saw that myself his fake id isn't getting too much use and man I love's that mama's gun too story I'm wit ya

8. Sweet baby_face

Sweet baby_face Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student by day, Poet by night
    Ratings:
    +7
    Okay, I was born in the 80s and I loooove the 80s soul music. It seems to me that every popular hip-hop artist is talking about the same thing; h**s,moeny, cars, and killing som1. So, the urban music scene is just saturated in the same bad hip-hop. My personal is that no1 wants to do something different,except a few artists, because the are afraid that eheir pockets won't be fat and it's sad.

9. SensualReality

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    yes all like clones puttin that mess in they mouth and sagging lawd knows that aint sexy lol but we can just pray...
    thanx for the responses I thought I was the only one :hot:

10. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    lol

U can find it strange for a boy but i really like Brandy n Mariah Carey!My favourite rapper stay 50!I enjoy jazz too...Let the instruments survive