Black People : Where do you want to be in 5 years?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kente417mojo, Aug 9, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    What do you want your life to be like in 5 years. What things would you like experience or have by that time? If you are single do you want to be married? If you're married are you hoping to be divorced by then? :D If you don't have kids now...do you want them. If you already have kids...do you want more? What material things do you hope to have in place. Do you want to change environment or relocate? What type of person do you want to be? What do you want for yourself and your loved-ones that you might not have now? I know this is a weird question but I'm sure we've all thought about it.

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I want to be chillin on a movie set wit my man Denzel and Don Cheadle.

3. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Sounds good to me man. I'm sure you will be there too. Don Cheadle is one of the most under-rated actors on Earth. The man is brilliant and only a handful of people know it. Denzel.....we all know he's the man.

4. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    What do you want your life to be like in 5 years. What things would you like experience or have by that time? If possible I'd like to have paid OFF my house in 5 years, quit my job and start doing my catering full time again. I do not want to WORK unless I fee like it, and the key to that is paying off my house.

If you are single do you want to be married?
    I would love to get married anytime after the year 2005. I wanted to raise my daugther and get her out of the house (or have her be legal "18") before I get seriously involved with someone again.

If you already have kids...do you want more? I don't think I'd entertain having other children. My daughter will be 17 next month and off to college next year. I can't say NEVER though because most men I meet are single with no kids and still desire to have one. If I married a man with no children I'd consider it. If I married a man who already had children, then I'd hope we could come to an amicable agreement, one that would fit our future. But marriage would be the only way to even think about another child.

What material things do you hope to have in place. Do you want to change environment or relocate? I would love to purchase a 2nd home in Las Vegas or maybe South Carolina. [/B]

What type of person do you want to be?
    Well, I like the person I am. If anything I'd like to be a better listener instead of trying to problem solve things for others. Sometimes they may only need an ear. I need to try to be less giving...but that is unlikely to change.

What do you want for yourself and your loved-ones that you might not have now? [B]A will. I need that bad but keep delaying it. I don't seriously think about it until I FLY. I started purple cross, got the life insurance, but need a will.

5. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I would love to be working for myself writing and being creative. I want to make money writing poetry books and maybe childrens short stories. I also want to be on my own time. I want to travel alot. That's a big one. I need to see the world, and I need to start doing it soon.

I'm single but I don't want to get married. I would not mind living with someone later on down the line, but not marriage....ever. I would love to have someone to travel with.

My daughter is good enough for me. Like Carrie said, if I found someone that I truly wanted to be with forever...then maybe I'd have more, but probably not.

Material things....well, I would like to have a Haiku house by the beach, a Jeep and a motorcycle. Can't have a motorcycle in Los Angeles (unless you're crazy) so I'm a little pissed right now. After that, I'd be cool. Oh..more swords. A room full of swords. I would love to live outside the U.S. if I found a place that fits me....cause this sure doesn't.

I love myself, but I need to be a little less selfish. I also need to be more positive about some things. Some things don't have a positive side, but sometimes I get down and look at things really negative.

As far as the loved-ones. I just want to provide and make them comfortable and as happy as I can. If I'm in a relationship I want to show as much love as possible. Kids...I want to give them the opportunity to live life...not the fake American Dream of working yourself to death.

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Chillin in Africa!

7. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    You are the second person I've ran accross that likes swords. A friend of mine has them all over his apartment...I don't visit him much - I'm scared of knives let alone swords.

8. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't know what it is. Swords are beautiful to me. Not like a woman, but just the design and the blade and the handle. I like how they look. There are so many different types too. It's like an addiction. I hear you though. There are people that are hesitant when it comes to going into my room.

9. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    What do I want in 5 yrs??:
    A good job
    to be married to a great woman
    to be a father or expecting father
    to be financially stable
    to live in a good neighbourhood where I am accepted and have a decent social life

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    hummmm interesting
    living and freeing our people minds from depression , stress
    and help crub the homeless & hunger in america living here
    where i am and writting for a living and watching my children
    grow marriage i don't know, with the mission of vision i see
    will keep me away from my family too much .