Africa : Where did the word "Africa" come from?

xPeter wrote: In the opening statement I read: According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization - better known as UNESCO - during the time of the Roman empire, the term became accepted as a replacement for the word "Libya" which meant the land of the Lebu or Lubins in Genesis.

Maybe the question should be what did the indigenous people call this continent long before Greece and Rome or a Genesis story.

Peace,
I hope I'm not getting too far off the subject, But I've been told that the word Africa (spelled with a "C") has negative connotations. I've also seen many people spelling the word AfriKa or Afaraka. Can someone tell me the significance of these spellings and what exactly are the negative implications behind spelling it with a C.
If this deviates too far from the discussion, I would greatly appreaciate it if anyone could tell me where I could find the answers for myself.

I AGREE WITH PHARAOH JAH, NNQUEEN; DR. BEN IS A WELL TRAVELED MAN WHO'S ESPECIALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN EGYPTOLOGY, AS WELL AS THE CONTINENT OF ALKEBULAN ITSELF,SO IF IT'S ANYBODY WHO WOULD KNOW,IT WOULD BE HIM.......ANOTHER SOURCE YOU CAN GO TO IS THE AFRICAN HERITAGE BIBLE....I FORGET THE AUTHOR RIGHT NOW,HOWEVER,HE TO MENTIONS HOW ALKEBULAN IS THE TRUE NAME OF OUR MOTHER CONTINENT.

Africa? Alkebulan? Home!!

I don’t know if this is a historical discussion or an etymological study of the word Africa. But, let me tell you what I found over the years, since etymology or basically word origins have always intrigued me and are important to our understanding of the metaphysical manipulation of sounds and symbols.

The origin of the word Africa has been debated and still remains an enigma in some lexicons. But here are some cognitive associations to add to the discussion of relative interpretations and primal roots of the word Africa.

One etymological book derived the word Africa from the root – ibir, which means to cross over or go through. First I found this interesting because the word Hebrew had the same cognitive relationship and since Hebrew is just a small part of a larger Kemetic (Hamitic /Semitic) grouping called the Afro-Asiatic language group (the majority of which is spoken in Africa) I could see a possible link. Note that the letter ‘b’ , ’p’ and ‘f ‘ have a long interchangeable history and one could be easily be corrupted to replace the other. The consonants are the most important part of tracking the linguistic tree, when it comes to primitive roots of Afro-Asiatic languages, since vowels were rarely, if ever transcribed. The ‘b r’ consonant root is very common when referring to Africoid people, regardless of their anthropological and geographical designations.

Examples:
Bharati or Barati = the original name of Africoid India
Bar Bar people = an original name for east African Nubians
Berbers= North African nomadics
Barbary coast = North Africa
Iberians = the brown/black people that dominated Europe from Spain to Ireland
Hebrews (Ibiri or Ibiru or Apiru) = African-Asiatics of Northeast Africa (Palestine).

Even Bel – the Canaanite, Phoenician and Carthagian deity can be considered a source since sometimes lands and City/states were named for Gods (i.e., Egypt < “the land of Ptah) and the Greco-roman adventurers would have only related the name Africa to the most common and accessible people or ports. When others used the name Africa there was no concept of continents as categorized and designated today (especially by the Greeks or Romans).

(The ‘l ‘ and ‘r’ where even more interchangeable in the Afro-Asiatic languages.)

The ‘b r’ is also rooted to the word “brown” in the Indo-European languages.

EVERY QUESTION AND /OR FACT MUST BE ARTICULATE IN THE TRUE HISTORICAL CONTEXT OF THE TIME AND NOT BY OUR MODERN DAY OBSERVATIONS.

There is much more to this hypothesis than I can get into at this time. But I believe the word Africa denoted a broad and sacred connection to all ancient Africoid people in the world, regardless where they where. Remember the Greeks only saw Black people in two different ethnic categories; one being the Eastern Ethiopians (Black Asians from Colchia to Palestine to sub-continental India) and Western Ethiopians (continental Africa).

We have to always be careful with history and etymology, because apologist have manipulated the former and linguistic corruption and folk etymology can influence the interpretation of the latter.

Peace,

Sun Ship

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back