Black People : Where did Jesus Die?

ru2religious

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 10, 2008
I must ask my Christian brothas and sistas because this question has hunted me for a minute now.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Now this scripture has always brought to question what place was filled with Sodom[y] and Egypt [glory] that the Lord aka Y`shua was crucified at? It seems that the place they speak of flourished greatly - like Egypt but it also had a bunch of sweet & low brothas (girly men) there as well.

I don't recall hearing about a place where Jesus/Y`shua was crucified having faggatry there. Since this is supposed to be a prophecy then the question is, if Jesus was already crucified - does that mean he have to go through a second term of crucifixion?

QUESTION 1: is he coming back to get crucified again?
QUESTION 2: why was he crucified in a gay place like sodom[y]?
QUESTION 3: what are all Jesus believers supposed 2 do with another crucified Jesus/Y`shua?

Peace

Ru2religious

Where did Jesus Die?

I must ask my Christian brothas and sistas because this question has hunted me for a minute now.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Now this scripture has always brought to question what place was filled with Sodom[y] and Egypt [glory] that the Lord aka Y`shua was crucified at? It seems that the place they speak of flourished greatly - like Egypt but it also had a bunch of sweet & low brothas (girly men) there as well.

I don't recall hearing about a place where Jesus/Y`shua was crucified having faggatry there. Since this is supposed to be a prophecy then the question is, if Jesus was already crucified - does that mean he have to go through a second term of crucifixion?

QUESTION 3: what are all Jesus believers supposed 2 do with another crucified Jesus/Y`shua?

*The order is changed. See Question #3 at the end.*

Question 1: Where did Jesus die?
Answer: Jerusalem

Question 2: Is He coming back to get crucified again?
Answer: No.

Question 4: What are all Jesus believers supposed to do with another crucified Jesus?/Y'shua?
Answer: *See Answer #2.*

Question 3: Why was he crucified in a gay place like Sodom[y]?
Answer:

As we know, between different languages, words have different meanings.

As we also know, word meanings do change through time in contextual usage.

For example, the word "gay" once meant being happy or something which was bright/colorful.....Today, the word "gay" denotes homosexuality.

The word "Sodom[y]" comes from the Ecclesiastical Latin: peccatum Sodomiticum, or "sin of Sodom."

Also, the word "Sodomite" has also come to be associated with homosexuality.

In the Bible, the city of Sodom was destroyed for a myriad of sins, not just homosexuality.

But, through Time, "Sodom[y]" and "Sodom[ite]" have been, exclusively, linked to homosexuality.

However, let's look at what the Bible says about the city of Sodom>>>

Gen. 18.20, 21: "And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know."

Gen. 18:
[23] And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
[24] Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
[25] That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
[26] And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
[27] And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
[28] Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
[29] And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
[30] And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
[31] And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
[32] And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

Isaiah 3.8,9

"For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judas is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory. The show of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves."

Jeremiah 23.14 "I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah."

Ezek. 16:
[49] Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
[50] And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Ezekiel 16.46 - 48 "And thine elder sister is Samara, she and her daughters that dwell at they left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelled at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters. Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou was corrupted more than they in all their ways. As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters."

Matt. 11:
[23] And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

2 Peter 2:
[6] And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Jude 1.4, 7, 8
"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities."

Re: "Sodomite"

Deut.23
[17] There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

1Kgs.14
[24] And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

1Kgs.15
[12] And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

1Kgs.22
[46] And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land.

2Kgs.23
[7] And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

their dead bodies will lie in the street
Lack of burial is particularly repugnant to the Jews. “For a corpse to remain unburied or to be exhumed subsequent to burial, and thus become food for beasts of prey, was the climax of indignity or judgment (1K. 14:11; 16:4; 2K. 9:37; Ps. 79:3; Jer. 7:33; 8:1; 16:4, 6; 22:19; Eze. 29:5; Rev. 11:9+).”1 The beast and earth dwellers purposefully leave the bodies of the witnesses unburied as an intentional dishonor and insult (Isa. 14:20; Jer. 8:2; 14:16). This is another indication of the Jewishness of the context.2

the great city
The same phrase is used elsewhere to describe Babylon (Rev. 14:8+; 17:18+; 18:10+, 16+, 18+, 19+), earthly Jerusalem (Rev. 16:19+), and the heavenly Jerusalem (Rev. 21:10+).3 Both Babylon and earthly Jerusalem have great significance in the scenario of the Tribulation. One is the center of the anti-God system of Babylon (Rev. 17+-18+) whereas the other is the earthly city where God has placed His name (1K. 11:36; 2Chr. 33:4, 7; Dan. 9:19). It is within this latter great city, Jerusalem, that the Tribulation Temple will stand which Antichrist desecrates (Rev. 11:1-2+). The identity of the city among the three possible locations (Babylon, earthly Jerusalem, heavenly Jerusalem) is established by its identification as the place “where also our Lord was crucified.”

spiritually
πνευματικῶς [pneumatikōs] meaning “in a manner consistent with the (divine) Spirit.”4 “ ‘Spiritually’ . . . shows this to be the language of allegory or metaphor. Neither Sodom nor Egypt is the city’s real name.”5 One of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is to assess the true spiritual conditions of His subject. He is represented by “seven eyes which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth” (Rev. 5:8+). His omniscient gaze burns away the dross of external representation to reveal the true character below (Rev. 4:5+). It is in this sense, as seen by the Spirit, that Jerusalem is called “Sodom and Egypt.”

called Sodom and Egypt
Both Sodom and Egypt typify cities which were opposed and judged by God.

Sodom was an exceedingly wicked city which was overthrown for her sins by God’s judgment (Gen. 13:13; 19:24).

Egypt was the nation which held Israel in bondage and was judged by plagues prior to the Exodus (Ex. 1:13-14; 3:7; 20:2).

Jerusalem, in her godless state, is likened to both the wicked city and the wicked nation. Even though the two witnesses exhibit a Jewish ministry located in Jerusalem, they are rejected by the majority of the inhabitants—their fellow Jews.

When Moses sang a song predicting the apostasy of Israel upon entering the Promised Land after his death, he referred to the Jewish nation as “a nation void of counsel,” whose “vine is of the vine of Sodom and of the fields of Gomorrah” (Deu. 32:28-32).

Isaiah used a similar analogy when describing God’s rejection of Israel’s insincere sacrifices: “Hear the word of the LORD you rulers of Sodom; give ear to the law of our God, you people of Gomorrah: ‘To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?’ ” (Isa. 1:10).

The sin of Jerusalem is said to be as the sin of Sodom in that it was flaunted openly (Isa. 3:8).6 Even the apostate prophets are likened to the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah (Jer. 23:14). When rejected by the cities of the lost sheep of the house of Israel, Jesus indicated that the cities which did not receive the apostles or their words would be considered worse off than Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment (Mtt. 10:14-15; Luke 10:12).

Although Jerusalem is here referred to as Sodom, Isaiah also indicated that Babylon’s eventual overthrow would be like that of Sodom and Gomorrah (Isa. 13:19). Elsewhere, Ezekiel describes the Northern Kingdom (Samaria) and the Southern Kingdom (Jerusalem) as idolatrous sisters, both of which committed harlotry in their youth while in Egypt (Eze. 23:2-4, 19, 27). Comparison with Egypt recalls the idolatrous golden calf which Israel made upon departure from Egypt (Ex. 32:4, 24).

where also our Lord was crucified
The MT and NU texts have their Lord instead of our Lord. Although the city has the spiritual attributes of Sodom and Egypt, its identity is clearly established as Jerusalem, the place of the crucifixion (Luke 13:33; John 19:20; Heb. 13:12)....

http://www.spiritandtruth.org/teaching/Book_of_Revelation/commentary/htm/031108.htm#Revelation 11:8

So, as regards the words "Sodom[y]" and "faggatry" and "gay," you are applying solely the modern-day contextual usages derived from the Biblical city of Sodom.

The verse says that Jerusalem is "SPIRITUALLY" compared to SODOM and EGYPT.

"Spiritually," Sodom and Egypt were corrupt in God's eyes.

"Spiritually," Sodom and Egypt were an abomination to God.

It has been MAN who has taken Sodom and "defined" it as homosexuality.

Yes, homosexuality was IN Sodom; but the Bible does not denote that homosexuality was the only reason it was destroyed.

Gomorrah was also destroyed; and, to my knowledge, the Bible makes no reference to homosexuality for the reason of its destruction.

So, in Rev. 11:8, Jerusalem is compared to the spiritual wickedness of Sodom and Egypt.

*The order is changed. See Question #3 at the end.*

Question 1: Where did Jesus die?
Answer: Jerusalem

Question 2: Is He coming back to get crucified again?
Answer: No.

Question 4: What are all Jesus believers supposed to do with another crucified Jesus?/Y'shua?
Answer: *See Answer #2.*

Question 3: Why was he crucified in a gay place like Sodom[y]?
Answer:

As we know, between different languages, words have different meanings.

As we also know, word meanings do change through time in contextual usage.

For example, the word "gay" once meant being happy or something which was bright/colorful.....Today, the word "gay" denotes homosexuality.

The word "Sodom[y]" comes from the Ecclesiastical Latin: peccatum Sodomiticum, or "sin of Sodom."

Also, the word "Sodomite" has also come to be associated with homosexuality.

In the Bible, the city of Sodom was destroyed for a myriad of sins, not just homosexuality.

But, through Time, "Sodom[y]" and "Sodom[ite]" have been, exclusively, linked to homosexuality.

However, let's look at what the Bible says about the city of Sodom>>>

Re: "Sodomite"

I see your break down of Sodom[y] & [ite] and that coo and all but the question still remains, what place had the glory of Km.t and was like Sodom which even in the scriptures are a reference to homosexuality.

You wrote:

Here is the rest of that which you left out -

c.1300, from O.Fr. sodomie, from L.L. peccatum Sodomiticum "anal sex," lit. "sin of Sodom".

This is the sin of Sodom according to the scriptures. In the book of Genesis didn't Lot offer of his daughters so that the men would stop trying to get physical with the angels? In that day (if it really existed) Sodom was the city of homosexuality and all other manners of wickedness.

In Jesus time we don't hear about that form of wickedness being and issue around him. We know that there was supposed to be the Romans and so-called wicked Pharisees and Sadducee, people doing business in the temples and so forth - but the sins of Sodom is not mentioned which is what lead me to my question - what place resembled Egypt (glory) and Sodom (faggotry) when he supposedly walked the earth.

If we take him literally - Jerusalem didn't have that type of glory when he supposedly walked the earth (never did) nor any other place had the glory of ancient Km.t. As a matter of fact Km.t didn't have that type of glory during the supposed time of Jesus/Y`shua. So what place could it be talking about.

We know the scriptures say that he died at Golgotha yet at the same time we know the esoteric meaning to this - astrological yet Km.t understanding.

So then where did the supposed real physical Jesus die? Golgotha was never known to be homosexual and neither was it known to be anything like Egypt.

Peace

Ru2religious

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back