Black People : Where did and do we fail?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Considering the misguideness of today's youth, do you believe we failed them?

If so, where did we fail at?

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    We fail them as citizens because we are complacent to the misgivings of society. Everything is challenge-able. It is not done because it involves coming out of comfort zone and the new experience of being proactive scares many.

Society has failed all of us and them. The hypocrisy in our judicial process allows the rich to commit crime and receive minimal or no sentence. It’s totally unbalanced in favor of the rich and those in government who are not charged simply because the cost to the government is viewed as too high.

To win in any trial, you need money. Personal injury litigation is one of the few areas of the law where every person, regardless of their financial resources has equal access to justice.

The process has been reduced to if you have enough money to drag the process out long enough. Your chances of getting a deal minimal sentence or go free are high. No lawyer wants to go to trail, so they always offer a settlement and the guilty is never charged. It as if I pay you to go away the issue never existed and can be discussed ever.

Many parents have definitely failed their own. There exist no admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings in many relationships. Adults in many cases set the pace in this. Drinking, drug use, vices allowed on the streets the list is long, partying all the time, not sitting down making goals to come up from the bottom. Parents are not trying and basically are not setting good examples.

From birth our children are learning to repeat exactly what their parents do and how they live. No study or long government study or diagnoses needed. It is a fact.

We all do not pay taxes. This is more hypocrisy. We are not blind we see this. The youth are not blind they see it too. They see their parents struggling, hardly making it. It does not go unnoticed living pay check to pay check. This strips hope.

You can bet the taxes taken from you support those states that don't pay.
    We actually pay for all the lights that burn all night and day in Vegas_Nevada with tax dollars from the states that do pay income taxes.

Throughout the United States, income and sales taxes vary dramatically from state to state. Some have no taxes at all and some states charge very high tax rates.

Washington not paying taxes, but they collect it and spends ours. That is true hypocrisy.

We have while we live and breathe should do all we can not to add to the dilemma, and do all we can to help solve the issues.

3. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We failed our children because we as Black Men, and Women have not prepared a proper Future for them, We failed them because we have not taught them about our rich and Horrible past and who the really are. We failed them because we have not shown them Love because we are to busy loving our enemy and looking to them and there society to raise our Children when we should be doing it ourselves.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    This question has no value to a conditioned and hypocritical people lacking the knowledge of who they are themselves. With this being the primary issue, how and what did or do we expect them to pass on to their children that they themselves do not have to give? That is point one. One could seriously ask; "where is the evidence for what I just stated"? Just look at the message (courtesy of Khasm 13) and the mindset of this young sister and then ask yourself; "how many of our youth really feel or think this way? One would really be surprised.

Straight out of the gate one would have to ask; "where are the black values at that determines the foundation of black families"? Why are we the only people who openly allow our children to engage in activities that we know are destroying us? I could ask why why why all day...but in reality I already know the answer. We are some hypocritical @zz people. We easily look out at the world and seek out other people to blame for our own doings. I stated in another post that;

We are good in looking at everybody else but our own selves, which is not meant to deminish outside forces...but I know for a fact that; "where there is no enemy within, nothing outside can harm you".

This question doesn't have one specific answer to it because of the many external and internal ramifications involved with it. In light of that, I just want to sum up the answer this way.

“If you can control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his action. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do. If you make a man feel that he is inferior, you do not have to compel him to accept an inferior status, for he will seek it himself. If you make a man think that he is justly an outcast, you do not have to order him to the back door. He will go without being told; and if there is no back door, his very nature will demand one.”
    Carter G. Woodson, The Mis-Education of the Negro

“When you control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his 'proper place' and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary.”
    Carter G. Woodson, The Mis-Education Of The Negro

“History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

“It may be well to repeat here the saying that old men talk of what they have done, young men of what they are doing, and fools of what they expect to do. The Negro race has a rather large share of the last mentioned class.”

“The present system under the control of the whites trains the Negro to be white and at the same time convinces him of the impropriety or the impossibility of his becoming white... the Negros will have no outlet but to go down a blind alley, if the sort of education which they are now receiving is to enable them to find the way out of their present difficulties.”
    Carter G. Woodson

“The so-called modern education, with all its defects, however, does others so much more good than it does the Negro, because it has been worked out in conformity to the needs of those who have enslaved and oppressed weaker peoples.”
    Carter G. Woodson

AND FINALLY.....“If a race has no history, if it has no worthwhile tradition, it becomes a negligible factor in the thought of the world, and it stands in danger of being exterminated.”
    Carter G. Woodson

There is much to learn from just the little I have posted to answer your question. Now the question needs to be asked; What good was anything that I just posted in regards to us as a people?...and furthermore, if you or I had the media to reach our people, would our fate be the same as those that I outlined further up in this post????

HTP!!!

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Thank you brother Keita. I whole heartedly concur. Therefore is it proper to think that we need to control the information stream to our youth?

If so, will you name some ways we can do so?

I ask because any and all ideas will be explored to implement in a 5 year plan of empowerment. I am serious about this.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    when you are in a war and you lose a battle does that mean you failed?

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    we 'failed' by not developing the technology and tactics to kill the white man when he first approached african shores.
    since we were practicing ATR at the time i would examine ATR for a weakness that prevents technological development.

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    we 'failed' youth by allowing them to adopt devil values which we were sold as good.
    now that we have seen the results we move on a different direction.

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    We lost the battle but we can still when the war. What do we need to do as a people that is practical to win the war?

10. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    The technology was there and still is there. The white man exploited the traditional rivalries among African people for his own aim and agenda. The ATRs do not prevent technological development. Inherent in the ATRs is an technological understanding that is unknown to the white man. Some technologies I am not at liberty to identify or explain. The way I see it - we suffered hell and separation to come to an understanding to utilize our technologies in a whole new manner. Some of us are beginning to do so as we speak.