Black Relationships : Where are these Black Women???

Sun Ship said:
Where is that Black woman who wants to be free?

Who wants to mix her education with Big Mama’s recipes and grannies knowledge of medicinal herbs from the same garden from which she feeds her children? Where is the Black woman who can open here mind to Black Classical Music like Coltrane, Pharaoh Sanders, Nina Simone, Abbey Lincoln, and Cassandra Wilson?

Sisters, your children can’t develop a thug mind and will become geniuses with the right musical vibrations going through their heads. Like a friend of mines use to say, “you can’t listen to John Coltrane and then get up and go out and commit murder.”

Where is that Black woman who wants to help a Black man grow his own food, who wants to hang pictures of their ancestors above the altar next to prints of Billie Holiday, or mask of Oshun and near “real” paintings by dedicated and struggling “real” Black artist. Where are the Black women who fall in love with serious Black artist and musicians, like they fall in love with professional sugar daddies, thugs and would-be Rappers?

Can Black women pick mustard greens while listening to Charlie Parker, Miriam Makeda, Sweet Honey In The Rock or Fela?

Where are the sisters who desire to see Black families free of exploitation by big business and utility companies…sisters who wants to home school, loom, make their own clothes, investigate and use alternative energy, read non-fiction books to develop the mind and try to live independently.

Where are the Black women who can see beyond the superficiality of Kwanzaa celebrations and desire to embrace the true spirit and philosophy of the Kawaida theory or Elijah Muhammad’s original teachings of actually “Doing-For-Self” and rejecting the fashions, styles and arcane social standards imbued in Europeanism…

Where are the Black women who can let that pork chop and porterhouse go, and put life back into the pot and watch their men live strong and long, and their children become almost disease free. Where are the Black women who can remove their vanity to breast feed their babies?

Where are the Black women who practice the ancestral ways to cure themselves and their family? Who can regulate their bodies with the moon and the stars? Where are the Black women who have gotten back in touch with the study of their female intuition and unique mother wit…to navigate her family through the unseen mysteries of life?

Where is the Black woman who is not afraid of change and a serious minded Black man?

Where are you Sister?

Where are black people period that have an interest in deeper more intellectual aspects of life?

And a lot of the religious/spiritual things you mention many blacks wouldn't be interested in because they are Christian and Christians are taught not to partake in other religious beliefs.

Ahhh...

She is here…stirring a pot of greens with natural herbs and spices instead of salt, to keep flavor and extend life expectancy. She is using the same honey and garlic in her kitchen to create kemetic throat medicines for the children running around the house. She is here…teaching the young ones to “soul walk” humming the sax solo notes that clearly take the mind…CLEAR…OUT…OF…THIS…WORLD…just like it did for Pharaoh/Ferrell. She is here…exposing all those in her presence to the creativity of Edmonia Lewis, the flair of Romare Bearden, and the timeless effect of Henry Ossawa Tanner.

She is here…she would prefer to homeschool but if she cannot she schools her own or prepares to enrich the minds of what young ones MAY enter into her life TEN TIMES harder and quicker and wrapped in Love to create the BLAK KINGS & QUEENS she knows necessary to the survival of her people. Like my momma told me growing up, “Cant nobody take what cant be taken…weapons reveal weaknesses we must BIRTH the indestructible.”

She is here…waiting for her BLAK MAN to come home to a homecooked-fresh-from-OUR-garden meal or going home to him having created his own expression of the FRUIT of OUR labor. She is sitting in her desk intently in front of the rolling marquee on her screensaver… “"You've got to have something to eat and a little love in your life before you can hold still for any **** body's sermon on how to behave."-BILLIE HOLIDAY. She is habit free but has addictions…to the blak man and his smile, his walk, his energy. She acknowledges every blak MAN she encounters and DRINKS his spirit into her vessel REMEMBERING…WE are all WE have. She falls in love with REAL BLAK KINGS…hardworking blak man who she is PROUD of no matter WHAT he does be in Janitorial or “Sanitary Collection AGENT” he is always HER King.

She is here…preparing her turnips and mustard greens for the HEALTHIER SOUL food to sustain the HEALTHIER HAPPIER body of her man and herself humming NO WATER NO GET NO ENEMY with Fela and setting the table to their humble home.

She is here…spends more time IN life than IN the hair shop because she has allowed her hair to have a life of its own. She is not captive to designer clothes that were designed withOUT her in mind. She works as hard as her King because the weight of a kingdom is too much for one pair of shoulders to bear. She is more concerned about what her BLAK MAN & SISTAH think because they are her heart. She enters INTO society by necessity to play the game but knows better than to “lose” what really matters…the BLAK identity. She has daydreams of birthing a son who embraces Elijah Muhammad’s MESSAGE TO THE BLACKMAN IN AMERICA as words of wisdom and rides his BLAK horse HIGH into his life.

She is here…using the kemetic ancestors wisdom to heal her family. Mixing basil in their food to strengthen the heart, curing colds with Frankincences and garlic, relieving back pains with myrrh oils and mint, thyme as a pain reliever, poppy seeds for insomnia and honey to dress wounds. She is in tune with her own body…free of chemically created medicines that do more harm than help.

She YEARNS for her SERIOUS blak man and the changes his heart sees as necessary for their upliftment. She knows that his strength is hers and NOT a weakness. She knows that a MAN must ALWAYS be given the LIFE space needed to do JUST that…be a man. She knows a WOMAN can NEVER tell a man how to be one…she can only LOVE him AS one. Her strength is his foundation and his love is her fuel…and she IS here. But of course I speak for myself...and should the divine deem me a King to birth our seed… I would hope to pass the blessings as my mother did for me. I do not demean ANY sister who does not think like me or chooses opposite of what I have...this works for me...I wish my sisters the most of success and happiness in their lives...this is what has worked for my spirit.

P.S. I miss Queenie too brotha sun ship lol;)

karmashines said:
Where are black people period that have an interest in deeper more intellectual aspects of life?

And a lot of the religious/spiritual things you mention many blacks wouldn't be interested in because they are Christian and Christians are taught not to partake in other religious beliefs.

This is definately the case. Good points

triniti424 said:
She is here…stirring a pot of greens with natural herbs and spices instead of salt, to keep flavor and extend life expectancy. She is using the same honey and garlic in her kitchen to create kemetic throat medicines for the children running around the house. She is here…teaching the young ones to “soul walk” humming the sax solo notes that clearly take the mind…CLEAR…OUT…OF…THIS…WORLD…just like it did for Pharaoh/Ferrell. She is here…exposing all those in her presence to the creativity of Edmonia Lewis, the flair of Romare Bearden, and the timeless effect of Henry Ossawa Tanner.

She is here…she would prefer to homeschool but if she cannot she schools her own or prepares to enrich the minds of what young ones MAY enter into her life TEN TIMES harder and quicker and wrapped in Love to create the BLAK KINGS & QUEENS she knows necessary to the survival of her people. Like my momma told me growing up, “Cant nobody take what cant be taken…weapons reveal weaknesses we must BIRTH the indestructible.”

She is here…waiting for her BLAK MAN to come home to a homecooked-fresh-from-OUR-garden meal or going home to him having created his own expression of the FRUIT of OUR labor. She is sitting in her desk intently in front of the rolling marquee on her screensaver… “"You've got to have something to eat and a little love in your life before you can hold still for any **** body's sermon on how to behave."-BILLIE HOLIDAY. She is habit free but has addictions…to the blak man and his smile, his walk, his energy. She acknowledges every blak MAN she encounters and DRINKS his spirit into her vessel REMEMBERING…WE are all WE have. She falls in love with REAL BLAK KINGS…hardworking blak man who she is PROUD of no matter WHAT he does be in Janitorial or “Sanitary Collection AGENT” he is always HER King.

She is here…preparing her turnips and mustard greens for the HEALTHIER SOUL food to sustain the HEALTHIER HAPPIER body of her man and herself humming NO WATER NO GET NO ENEMY with Fela and setting the table to their humble home.

She is here…spends more time IN life than IN the hair shop because she has allowed her hair to have a life of its own. She is not captive to designer clothes that were designed withOUT her in mind. She works as hard as her King because the weight of a kingdom is too much for one pair of shoulders to bear. She is more concerned about what her BLAK MAN & SISTAH think because they are her heart. She enters INTO society by necessity to play the game but knows better than to “lose” what really matters…the BLAK identity. She has daydreams of birthing a son who embraces Elijah Muhammad’s MESSAGE TO THE BLACKMAN IN AMERICA as words of wisdom and rides his BLAK horse HIGH into his life.

She is here…using the kemetic ancestors wisdom to heal her family. Mixing basil in their food to strengthen the heart, curing colds with Frankincences and garlic, relieving back pains with myrrh oils and mint, thyme as a pain reliever, poppy seeds for insomnia and honey to dress wounds. She is in tune with her own body…free of chemically created medicines that do more harm than help.

She YEARNS for her SERIOUS blak man and the changes his heart sees as necessary for their upliftment. She knows that his strength is hers and NOT a weakness. She knows that a MAN must ALWAYS be given the LIFE space needed to do JUST that…be a man. She knows a WOMAN can NEVER tell a man how to be one…she can only LOVE him AS one. Her strength is his foundation and his love is her fuel…and she IS here. But of course I speak for myself...and should the divine deem me a King to birth our seed… I would hope to pass the blessings as my mother did for me. I do not demean ANY sister who does not think like me or chooses opposite of what I have...this works for me...I wish my sisters the most of success and happiness in their lives...this is what has worked for my spirit.

P.S. I miss Queenie too brotha sun ship lol;)

What did you say her address was again? :hi:

Sekhemu said:
What did you say her address was again? :hi:
:) Yanno brotha Sek I was simply describing parts of my own life to illustrate that all is not lost. Just like there are brothas like you and brotha sun ship trying there are sisters like myself who hold and cherish the same. :grouphug:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back