Black People : Where are the #Oscars So White Voices

I'm curious...what is our range in age in this thread? I'm 65 soon to be 66. I grew up in the south during a time when Jim Crow was legal. I can compare that time to now, so I speak from experience, not textbook theory. I think knowing this may help readers understand the difference in perspectives. I read a lot of journalists say that people in my age group tend to be more conservative and will vote for the status quo. I'm an outlyer of that perspective. Maybe this is a topic of another thread. Diversity of ideas is important and cross-generation opinions is critical. I have a lot of respect for the brain power and call to action of our Black youth. I would like the legacy of my generation to be a foundation upon which our youth can build on and not have to do it alone. Share if you feel comfortable and if you don't, no worries. :heart:

My mother grew up in the south and she is 72. She thinks like you do.

D. L. Hughley Speaks Out About Recent Police Shootings

All of them do not choose to be quiet ... :bowdown:

Please post them, if you find them! ... YAAAAAAY D. L. ... :score:

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

D. L. Hughley Speaks Out About Recent Police Shootings

All of them do not choose to be quiet ... :bowdown:

Please post them, if you find them! ... YAAAAAAY D. L. ... :score:

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

Man you want to talk about hypocrisy and dodging the issue. She went way off topic with M. Brown!!! I am glad that brother DL put her and Fox on notice. He called them both out. As for him speaking out, well he's never had a problem doing that. However, we are talking about one and perhaps a few in an ocean of many. It doesn't pass the smell test for me and probably not for a lot of other brothers and sisters. Thanks for posting...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back