Black People : Where are the Obsevations of the Blacks of Illinois?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Natinr, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Who better to qualify Obama then the Black folks of Illinois, and what have they said Obama has done to improve the situation of the Black community there?:qqb010:

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Question, brother...

Not to be confrontational... What have you done to improve the situation of the Black community where you live?

Blackbird

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I'm trying to avoid confrontation as well....

But I'm also still waiting for an explanation/clarification of a statement that Natinr made concerning my brother Charles Barron who is my daughter's "godfather" and who was also a staunch supporter for Cynthia McKinney. My daughter has been staying with brother Charles part of the time she has been attending graduate school and is serving an internship in his office. I don't take attacks on my family lightly.

Charles Barron on Barack Obama

4. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Blackbird--I know------

your inquiry wasn't directed at me but I think the point of the question was this...(and Natinr- please correct me if I am mistaken)...
    AS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL--what has Barack Obama done for the constituents who voted him into office......
    Granted, we all have the power to change our communities but those who are elected/appointed to these positions of power have an obligation to make change.........

5. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

6. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    With all due respect when I hear someone was
    rasied in the NOI
    went through hell, while in the OAAU
    was involved withUS
    had relatives who knew Angela Davis and.......

one would have to ask were is that persons web site and organization?
    but I am not lowered to that level of arguement, so I won't

I am not here to *** for tat with anyone, my posts and questions are quite clear,
    if anyone wants to know what I have done and am still doing,
    I give the response Denzell Washingtopn gave his student when he was asked about his background in "The great Debaters"
    Now can anyone from Brooklyn's Brownsville or East new York Community have anything good to say about any improvements or what Barron has done to improve the quality of life there?
    See that is exactly my point we as Black folks have a tendency inspite of all of the scholars who have warned us, of voting and supporting someone with ENFATUATION rather then a critical analysis of ones performance or ability to show the goods,(FREE DEKE O'MALLEY!!!)
    my neighbor is a good friend of mine but a lousy carpenter, would I reccomend him just cause he is Black Afrocentric and a good buddy
    Hell Emphatically No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:SuN026:

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

If the first part of your post is in reference to ME, I have posted numerous links not only to my own personal websites but to numerous organizations that I belong to or have belonged to in my 50 years on this planet. And most people who have been here as long as I have know this.

You say that your "posts and questions are quite clear". That is a matter of perspective as you have done more than ask questions but have on occasion ostracized Black activists who have a long-standing history of activism in the Black community and yet where is YOUR organization, where are YOUR plans, where is YOUR constituency? You have NONE but take every opportunity ridicule others.

No this can be proved very simply. I can simply ask my family in Brooklyn "Who is Natinr" and I can also ask "Who is Charles Barron" and "Who is Barack Obama" and what do each have to show as far as "improving the quality of life of black people".

In fact, we can take a shortcut and "google" Natinr.

Who are YOU and what are YOU about?

Get at me!

www.myspace.com/blackalliancemovement

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Monet,

I understood that level of the question perfectly clear. Obligation? Honestly, how many politicans have felt that obligation and kept that obligation. It wouldn't be politics if it were true. The reason I decided to put my support behind Obama is the possibilities that can appear. It's less so the man than the inspiration and energy of this particular movement. Obama provides an opportunity, an opening, for grassroots people making changes in our communities.

I know for you more rational, intellectual left-brained people my intuition and belief my spirits are telling me may sound like hogwash, but......

Blackbird

9. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

My intention was not to question your intelligence, beliefs or intuition. My only intent was to try and help facillitate an interesting discussion. If politicians choose to run based on their records then shouldn't the voting public be knowledgeable about these records? Maybe someone would have brought up an accomplishment of Obama's that I wasn't aware of although I am trying to be as involved as I can with familiarizing myself with the candidates. Maybe a Chicagoan has some "inside" information that isn't pubically known.
    As far as politicians not upholding their obligations then we voters need not support them. If they only claim us while on the campaign trail and ignore us while in office-then it is on us to do everything in our power to ensure they are not reelected.
    I now see there seems to be something else going on here that I know nothing about or choose to involve myself in. I don't know what comment was made about Charles Barron, who is actually who, or who googled what all I was hoping for was an open dialogue.

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    How did Blacks in Illinois Vote in the Primary?

Ask Jesse Jackson Jr, one of the superdelegates pledged to Obama.