Black Parenting : Where are the black doctors, lawyers and engineers in the hood?

teamafro

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 13, 2010
Richmond, CA
Occupation
Writer
I am not a fool and I know that when someone becomes successful they want to move to a nice neighborhood and enjoy their money. With that being said, why are there so few successful black businessmen in the neighborhoods to speak to our youth about following in their footsteps.

Children will follow any path to success as long as they know its real. Right now the only "real" path to success that they see are rappers, actors and athletes that are all over TV.

How do we expose our youth to the other positive, rich and successful black men and women out there?

I am not a fool and I know that when someone becomes successful they want to move to a nice neighborhood and enjoy their money. With that being said, why are there so few successful black businessmen in the neighborhoods to speak to our youth about following in their footsteps.

Children will follow any path to success as long as they know its real. Right now the only "real" path to success that they see are rappers, actors and athletes that are all over TV.

How do we expose our youth to the other positive, rich and successful black men and women out there?
Which means they don't know what is real

And when one has no knowledge of Self,
one takes for reality
, any old crap they find on the Shelf.

There are who knows how many groups like 100 Black men and 100 Black women, the guilds of Black doctors and the guilds of Black lawyers, and Black Engineers that have been visiting the schools "in da hood" since last Nowonder, but if a child has a father who is a lawyer and there in the household and a mother who is a doctor,

but the child has no knowledge of self,
they will at times not just join an gang, and tell people it is a street organization, but they more then likely rise to war chief, purchase master, product checker or sargeant within the gang.

How many articles in Black news in every state, have talked about, middle class Black youth "in universities" becoming gun clocking king pins and rock clocking king pins during the crack epidemic from the late 80s to the mid 90s?
I have seen this syndrome since my teen years, 40 years ago, in Black middle class neighborhoods, of youth coming from the so called "good neighborhoods"( with all the role models, one can imagine) but seek their kicks in the hood as one puts the term.

Culture is key, it is the antivirus to slavery, and that is why we were deprogrammed from culture as the first aspect of enslavement, unique to US enslavement, different from any other form of enslavement in the world at present or in the past

Have the guys join the 100 Black Men of America and have the girls join the National Council of Negro Women

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back