Black People : Where are the Afrikan Preachers about Rev. Wright? A Damm shame!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes I am not surprised, yet still outraged! I have followed this aspect very closely and there have been but a HANDFUL that have come to the brothers aid!:qqb026: He is under death threat by the Filthy mutation, and very few seem to give a damm. I am going to attend his church(though I am not a christian) in support. but where are the KNEEGRO preachers? I bet if it were to get some $ there azzes would be front and center. This is why I detest organized conventional religion! Lastly, the pathetic part of this is that I have through research seen more EUROPEAN pastors defend his positions and truths. Well at least his congregation loves him. AS DO I!

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    most preachers are the greatest fence stragglers around,they aren't gonna come down from their safe pulpits unless two things happen and you pointed out the first one[dollars]the second is public opinion,if tomorrow the news media all of a sudden said that the rev.wright is a great american for speaking out then guess whose gonna come out from their pulpits in favor of the good rev.the main reason i don't go to church much either is because of those pios folks in the pulpit.

3. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    We are in a death camp. Some of the victims in that death camp want to continue to eat. You can't hold people's fears against them.

I was outraged at the number of non-white (black) people that rushed to the aid of the non-white (black) people in New Orleans suffering after Katrina. Then I sat down and thought about it. Business as usual...for a death camp.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    it is sad

at first i thought rev wright was crazy. then i listened to his sermon as played by oldsoul here on destee.
    although he did make a statement that i disagree with, taken in context, he had every right to make it.

i agree that the black preachers in america should have been all about this issue. they seem like they have been too brainwashed. this is a problem.

obama's candidacy has put a lot of stress on some black people. what we are seeing is that some feel more comfortable remaining as slaves.
    some are afraid to take power. we have people who are brainwashed and afraid. we got to reassure them.
    we have to deal with them. we have to wake them up and give them courage.

it is tempting to holler at these people and insult them. but we need them. they need to be set free of their brainwashing and joined with the community.
    obama is showing that a black man can go for the power. we all need to take a lesson from him.
    we got to reach the preachers somehow.

5. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    What is this power that Obama would have as President? How would it change the lives of black folks?

6. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    People are always saying that "knowledge is power". I don't partiucularly agree with that statement. I say knowledge is knowledge and power is power. Nevertheless, black (non-white) people have to learn how to be president too. In the course of learning how to be president, if Mr. Obama is elected, Mr. Obama will gain knowledge of how to be president. In the process of gaining knowledge of being president, if the statement above is true, Mr. Obama will also gain power.

One of the ways that would change the lives of black people is that a black person would gain knowledge of how to be president. That is just one of the ways that just jumps right out at you. Would anything else change? I don't know.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    it would change our attitudes......

he would have the power of the ofc of the president of the united states. to many that is no small thing. i been hollering all my life about white power, white supremacy. no one said it was non existent. now that a black man is close to the office, that power is within his reach. why are we going to discount it now?

he has already caught the attention of so many young black children. they got somebody other than the local pimp to use as a role model. that change in attitude alone is so important. one of those little black children is going to go on in life and do great things because of obamas example.

if obama inspires black people to feel their own power he will have made a revolutionary contribution.

8. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    My sentiments exactly. Regardless of what he does or does not do, image is a powerful tool - Obama in the white house will change the attitudes of millions of black people around the globe, just for being there. That is change :)

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Honesty!

Ionlyspeaktruth,

They are Scared!

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER