Black People : Where are the Africans - Worldwide?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Family,

Black people in America get so much attention because we are "in massa's house" and what happens here, usually stands out (probably).

Well ... i'm wondering ... where are all the other Black people in the world?

In regard to numbers ... which countries are home to how many Black people?

I think it would do us good to be able to see the small percentage (worldwide) we in the US are.

So ... if you know ... please share the population stats of Black folk in other countries.

I don't know how many of us are in the US, or that i can trust the numbers they provide ... but since those numbers are all we have ... let's use 'em.

If you know anything regarding the African population of any country, please share. (Are there Africans in Russia, how many?)

We need to know where each other are, and how we number in those places.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother African Prince shared this thread with us ... Black Iraqis

:heart:

Destee

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Nigeria has a population of over 120 million blacks, next on the list is Brazil, with about about 70 to 80 million. Ofcourse most of us know that are about 35 million of us here in the US, but alot of us don't know that there are about 10 million black people in Columbia.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    You need to hang out in the PanAfrican forum more Destee! I'm not aware of any country that doesn't have Black people, and we are certainly represented in all 7 continents. Still the exact numbers are a good question...I'll have to do some research on that.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    last time i did a history check was a few years back but here are the numbers from that
    time of date in the U.S on Blacks / African here ..

The number was then 281,421,906 which is 281.4 million in the U.S
    this includes African Americans or in combination of mixture with other race

these numbers are broken down my it's creed of combination races
    black / African with one or more race was 36,419,434 as to 12.9 percent

All Black / African american was 34,658,190 as to 12.3 percent in the U.S alone

Northeast
    black / african 17.6 percent as to black/african or in combination 18.0 percent

Midwest
    " " "" 18.8 percent as to "" "" "" " 18.8 percent

South
    ...............54.8 percent as to ....................................................53.6 percent

West
    ...............8.9 percent as to ......................................................9.6 percent

let's say destee by your state of Alabama there is 1,020,705 blacks out of 4,040,587 of it's population

or as to my state of Illinois is 1,694,273 blacks out of 11,430,602 of it's population

but these numbers are now not on point for today near every tear that fall a child is born
    and with the high rise of killings the number has rised and fall but i will do another search
    again to pin our true numbers but these are close for all of the U.S alone

We are like 281.4 million strong or likes of 27.6 percentage of the entire U.S
    we just over a Quarter of the total population in the U.S.............I'll conduct a new listing
    of the black/african americans in the U.S to update my files and get a more so true number.

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    North America

One of the best places to get general information about the ethnic demographics of other countries is the CIA - World FactBook:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

Although they give percentages, not actually numbers. However that information is not difficult to find. I think this thread is an excellent one Destee. It is of immense important for us to know where our people are worldwide. I think we should start with our neighbors 1st: Blacks make up about 2% of the population of Canada, which is roughly 656,100 people.

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
  8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Africans/Blacks make up 55% of Bermuda's population, roughly 35,950 people. It is also important to note that 6% of the country is considered "mixed". I think it is safe to assume that most of these people are probably mixed with the black population, thus there are possibly an additional 3900 people with some African heritage in the country.

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Central America

A mix of Africans/Blacks and Indians (called Garifuna) makes up 7% of the population of Belize, roughly 19,500 people:

http://www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/factsbze.html

Since I know some people from Belize of seemingly "pure" African heritage, I will look for more information.

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194