Black People : Where are all the Conscious Black artist?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Conscious Plat, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Conscious Plat

Conscious Plat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    We need more artist to step up and promote Black Unity and Black Love in their music. Our youth also need to hear powerful positive messages in music. How many times have you turned on your radio and heard offensive lyrics. Much of the music today greatly lacks substance. Let's reminisce for a minute........Let's think back to artist like Curtis Mayfield, Donny Hathaway, The Last Poets, Gil Scott Heron and many more. We need artist to speak for the People and to The People. Music has drastically changed? Will we be able to regenerate Conscious Black music.

CONSCIOUS PLAT CD RELEASE (JUNE)

{SPEAKING THROUGH THE ANCESTORS}

www.consciousplat.com

[​IMG]

Below is a sample of a few songs that will be on my CD.The CD will consist of 13 songs.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I feel you sister but as Imhotep Gary Byrd used to say on the "Global Black Experience", that used to come on daily on WBLS inercity Broadcasting to over 5 states,

The Fact of the Matter Is

Until we own at least 2 AM and 2 FM radio stations, at least 4 out of 400 cable stations
    things will not change but "Since they Have a Plan"
    get much much worse.

from 1987 to just before 9/11 this brother has presented actual geniuses, star singers poets, movie makers, who could compete and surpass any thing on corporate television and radio

but because of their positive message, they would remain struggling artists, in spite of Imhotep's attempts to seek them out and take the time to introduce them to the grassroots community

People's tastes in this nation are manipulated, both Black and White, not so much others since their cultures are intact.

It is an experiment in creating human automatons, that the thing we call corporate structure, can literally feed on them,

as a dog feeds on Gravy Train

Culture, culture suppoted by a strong and powerful media is the only solution

Even just the concept of survival and the collective intent for the prosperity of all our progeny,

can be a "culture" nothing rigid, just common careing and consideration for each other

3. Conscious Plat

Ratings:
    +120
    Thank you Brother I appreciate your feedback.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    um, favor

musicians are artists but they are not the only ones.

i would be grateful if you would not appropriate the name artists exclusively for musicians.
    if you mean musicians say musicians.

thank you.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    great minds think alike our today sound is degrading , the power in the music
    is what people and media wants to hear
    but our message can be delivered beyond the sounds of music we just have to
    now voice it another way to the world .

6. Conscious Plat

Ratings:
    +120
    Greetings Brother you seem to have been offended by my use of the word artist. You sounded a bit harsh when you said if I mean musicians say musicians. Let me make this clear to you! I felt comfortable appropriating the name artist strictly to musicians and did not think I would have to answer to anyone for doing so. I am a musician but I am also a writer and poet. It is apparent that we need to step up to the front line in areas other than music but in this thread I am only referring to musicians. If again you decide to respond to me with the same mannerism as you did previously I will not reply. I am not here for conflict. I am here to unify with my Brothers and Sisters. Peace and Ancestral Blessings.......and BTW Thank you

7. Conscious Plat

Ratings:
    +120
    Thank you Brother I appreciate your response. You are correct, the messages must be delivered beyond the sound of music.

8. Bxblasta

Bxblasta Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +160
    As long as the focus is on making money do not expect the masses of artist to start making positive music, mainstream will not allow it. The real hip-hop is out there, you just need to look for it, because the PTB's try their hardest to keep it hidden.

9. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Nice CD, but I disagree with the premise of this thread. 'Conscious' artist are out there. Maxwell, Badu, Scott - many in what they called the 'neo-soul' genre. Some artist don't follow a script and play strictly R&B, such as Kravitz, Macy Gray, Crystal Waters.

10. Bxblasta

Bxblasta Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +160