Black Relationships : When your MAMA is involved

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Lloyd, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Howdy fam.
    One of my buddies told me about a funny and sad situation!His elder brother,Jonathan,is 32 years old and his mama his leading his life!Most of his free time,he's..."at home" i mean his mama's home!He is married and his wife always complained about the fact that "their mother" is too much involved in their lives;she wants to know if the son eats well,if he's ill,how much he has spend and so on and so forth!She's manipulating this guy,i'm not sure he can live himself;but he hasn't yet noticed that.
    His little sister Ashley,my buddy,wants to help him.But she's afraid of the reaction of her mother if she heard about such behaviour.
    I want to know what i can do to help her because she'll not bear it al the time.

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    All I can say is.....

I wish my mother was still around to be involved in my life.

3. ladylibra

ladylibra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    why?

did the wife expect her husband's behaviour to change? if so, she has to resolve her own issue first.

second, the mother taking care of her child (even if he is 32) isn't the issue. if i was married i would want my mom-in-law to continue to nuture her son (hell, especially when i don't want to cook or need solitary time. :laugh:)

third, her issue is with the husband. why is he spending so much time away from home -this is what she needs to get to the bottom of? worrying about the mom-in-law is expensing valuable energy in the wrong place.
    the answer may seem obvious but it isn't. there is some underlying issue going on.

she needs to tell her husband about her feelings (and she shouldn't be surprised if he's taken aback for he was doing this in the beginning when she was complaining and still chose to marry him) and take it from there.

btw- i absolutely hate when someone puts all the cards on the table for their mates to make an informed decision and the mate fails to do so AND then complains later....knowing is 1/2 the battle!

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    motherly he will have it twice as hard if she ever leave
    their is not much help you can do in this matter it's an
    issue they as family have to work out and on this son
    she endearing so may need moma or need to change himself
    but not much you can do .......just support her and listen