Black People : When You Finally Convince 30 Million Black Folks to Give up Christianity /Then What?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Dr John Henrik Clarke, Dr Ben Jochannan, street scholars like Dr Phil Valentine, all povided solutions as well as

all Black aetheists,
    and provided them in public, in person, not hiding behind the internet, or fear of "white folks hearing"

but as men,
    making their criticisisms, their points and then providing alternatives, as welll as solutions to the myriad problems that Black folks have faced since the demise of the Black Movement

So to all of the wonderful people who post here day and night with negative comments about Jesus this and Jesus that and Christianity this and Chrsitianity that, and doing this for some 5 years if one can check the archives,

what solutions or repacements are you ladies and gentlemen suggesting once, we all give up Christianity

Now George Bush said he did not like hypotheticals, so I assume that no on of African descent would stoop to giving that knucka company

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    You must be smokin the ish again...darn!! Ok, listen up, here's how all of his works. Once an individual is cleansed of certain thought processes and beliefs, their minds begin to expand in all directions. Suddenly there is a need to fill the void that the previous systems and beliefs occupied. The only thing left to them is history...and as I say, "history erases all the mystery". With nothing in hand but history to work with, the mind of the person is able to clearly see certain patterns and learn specific things about themselves and us as a people. More than that, they can clearly begin to see what the results have been whenever outsiders came into us. It allows them to see who we were, how we were, what we were, what we did, why we did it, where we did it, when we did it and more importantly, how and who corrupted our reality and the results of it.

It is this level of awareness that begins to transform the mind and reality of the person doing the studying. It is this awarness that begins to bridge realities and reach out to organizations and others to network with. It is this reality that is in the position to tear down the walls that are bad for us and to build those that are good for us. The reality and the truth of history also begins to instill a new sense of who we are that no one can compromise. At this point in consciousness a person comes to understand that "we are indeed one people". We equally begin to understand that it doesn't matter if you're Kemetic, Dogon, Yoruba, Vodoum or anything else, the reality of "who our enemy has been and presently is, becomes very clear with no apprehensions.

At this point of clarity or reality, it becomes apparent that there is an enemy that we have to deal with before we can clean our own house. Any attempt by us to clean our own house without first dealing with this enemy will find us with a house that hasn't been cleaned yet because our enemy keeps interfering with us doing so. This is the system, not of belief but of reality that I call the "ANKH". Everybody should worship the "ANKH" and I don't mean the physical ankh. Since the "ankh" means "life", you tell me or show me any concepts or religions that are higher than "life itself"??? Therefore any values, principles or concepts that we will have must be centered around "life" and the productive reality of it. Anything or anyone that is not "for life" is "against it".

So now that we are no longer bombarded by beliefs or systems that others can compromise as they always have, we are mentally and spiritually free to imagine, dream, think, envision and manifest ideas that an oppressive mind or belief systematized mind will not allow to take place. So even though I haven't taken this to its complete conclusion, it should be enough to allow you to see that "the freedom of our minds and spirits" is critically important to any progress that we are going to make as a people...here or abroad. Free your mind and the entire universe of possibilities opens up to you. Need I say more???

3. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    We have to learn to work together despite our religious beliefs.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask everyone in our community to give up a religion that's been a part of their heritage for so long. And while I agree there are elements of Christianity that are poisonous, there are other aspects that could actually HELP the Black Power movement.

Think about it. In most black churches, there are already people willing to put 1 to 10 percent of their salaries in the collection plate. And if the pastor is entrepreneurial, he or she will use that money to build more in the community.

My former pastor did this... he built schools, stores and other businesses related to the church. For every business he built, that represented another black person that gained a new livelihood of support.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I thank you for this and appreciate the idea that "your pastor is not the norm of black pastors in America". However, what we are speaking about in this thread is bigger than "just our people here in America". In the quest that we must embark upon, we can not deal with or come to our people with anything that they have previously had to work with. The only thing that we haven't had collectively is the truth/history.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I agree. My only point to this guy has been not to make religion an issue. I grew up in the baptist church and attended a baptist day school. As I got older I sang in choir and served on usher board. Studied for the ministry but found teaching my calling. I don't expect black folks to give up their religion. Just don't make it THE issue.

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I'd tell them to treat the bible as a piece of literature and not some supernatural instruction manual. This way they aren't forced to accept the parts of the bible that are cruel, backwards, and outright insane.

It was never really about forcing them to give up beliefs or living how they see fit for themselves. It's about having the same courtesy extended to others.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014

As I said you aetheists have been providing solutions to the Black community since reconstruction, and have a whole variety of subjects you discuss, but folks who every single day and night, 24/7 harp about Cristianity this and Jesus that for months and years like a brocken record, what is the point?

So here's the scenario, they have their dream come true, now what?

Will the violence stop, the disrespect, families reunite? folks become employed?

lives put back together?

What will occur and how will it occur?

what is the plan?

Dr Clarke had one!

Chancellor Williams had one!

Amos Wilson had one!

So what is the plan of the "hate Christianity" choir?

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    bump

9. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Christianity has been perfect for indoctrinating subjects into subjugation.
    Islam wasn't much better.
    The above is purely my opinion, but also born from experience of both.

For starters, don't wait for a savior. You are your own savior by your own deeds and actions.
    Don't wait for yours in heaven, you need to get yours now.

Did Europeans wait for theirs in heaven when they were out conquering the world and subjugating people?

10. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I've noticed that Europeans used Christianity more actively .... as a 'claim of right' to commit any and all actions under the sun.

African-Americans seem to use Christianity more passively as a 'promise to pay' .... such as "yours will come in heaven" or "Jesus is coming".