Black People : When Will We Hold Black Folk Accountable For Anything Again?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Feb 11, 2010.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    If black public school administrators get accused and then convicted of stealing public school monies?

If black teachers just show up for work to get a paycheck and fail to educate black children?

If black social workers go along with more and more black single mothers etc. having more babies and getting bigger welfare checks--not get them counseling as regards effective birth control methods and/or family counseling as well--i. e,. whereas the male part of the equation takes on responsibility for what they helped to bring into our midst too?

And if more black cops not be in true community/police relations programs etc.--but find themselves on the front lines during tense standoffs between fueding black spouses with weapons involved?

Etc.?

Can we fairly and honesty keep blaming what aills us as a people just on 'whitey/racism/the system'??

If on the other hand the call is, 'why prop up a failed system', then replace it with what, posters, etc.???

We can only talk so much:

What we should do is the question I have yet to find that anybody here has answered yet, i. e., in terms of effective approaches, etc., as well as in terms of anything the typical person in my true midst would support...

Anyway this is the subject I'd appreciate some feedback about as well...

And thanks in advance!

:fyi:

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Yes, minus the "just". Yes we can. Luckily, blame is not a zero-sum game..
    in fact it's not a game at all.. there's no denying that our condition is the
    result of a systematic deconstruction of our civilization and a scattering
    of our people under a system of tyranny that holds us down. I submit that
    the vast majority of the issues that we face are the result of an unrelenting
    assault against us. And the moment that that assault relents is the moment we can
    begin to really make our way to where we belong. But while the bullets are
    still flying we can't become so consumed with the bullets that we forget
    who's holding the guns.. while blaming shot folks for getting shot.. and
    dead folks for dying. ​

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    the system of white supremacy is the author of all that ails us.

the battlefield is our minds. brainwashing is the instrument of our control.

the first step toward defeating brainwashing is to acknowledge that it exists.
    my plan is to stay on the boards taking every opportunity that i can to point this out.
    maybe one day somebody may hear me.

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    First of all:

Thank you both for sharing your feelings and thoughts about this particular subject...

Second of all:

Though I do believe even the title of Chancellor Williams book--THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILIZATIONS--kinda sorta reminds us of where we were--us being the present descendants of ancestors who lived in the midst of their own nation/states etc.--where we are now is what should matter as well...

Simply put:

By change or by choice, we're just the latest descendants of those aformentioned displaced folk, and ourstory spans five centuries, etc.

Add this to that too:

However a brief though memorable period during our peoples stay here, black folk rose to the level of elected officials, from local to state and a few to federal office holders, from the 1870's to the late 19th century...

I. e., we do have an already established tradition of service to our communities/our people/etc., which is an obvious yardstick we can and should use, to determine who is who--friend or phony--when it comes to the more recent black elected officials--via the first decade of this new century...

So, I also issue a challenge, as in to those so into ancient black history, to do likewise as regards the more recent sort...

What may well be revealed might help you to help us to establish a higher standard etc., as regards who we do and don't cast our votes for, as well as promote as our next leaders, etc.

:fyi:

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
  6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yes, there is White supremacy, privilege and racism.

But that does not excuse personal responsibility.

Countless Ancestors lived through racism and White supremacy that most of us could never imagine.

But, somehow, countless numbers of them still managed to learn how to read and write...learn trades...buy land...buy homes...gain college degrees...raise families...put their children through college...save money...etc..

And many of them accomplished these things beginning in (and sometimes also ENDING in) an abject poverty that most of us could never imagine.

So, with all that we have access to today, if our Ancestors could do what they did with so little, then why can't we do the same and more?

7. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732

I believe that dealing with this issues is a step in the right direction...it may be a step by step process to victory.

8. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    How do we hold black folk accountable?

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    The Book just mentioned

What we should do is the question I have yet to find that anybody here has answered yet, i. e., in terms of effective approaches, etc., as well as in terms of anything the typical person in my true midst would support..

Has a statement in it, that says,

"let no one of African ancestry say that a plan has not been laid out"
    Dr Chancellor Williams

and the chapter and section is simply called just that

"the Plan",
    any one who has the book can read it,

also the Charter of the organization of Afro American Unity by El Hajj Malik Shabbazz and Dr John Henrik Clarke, found in the back of "Malcolm X a Man and His Message" by Dr John Henrik Clarke

or the long range plans regarding economic development, in "Black Labor White Wealth", by Claude Anderson,
    and "Black Power" by Amos Wilson,

but too often we are confused about unifying,

or personality issues,

or fear of terms used for collective Black success and how it is called,

to discuss such solutions seriously for more then 2 days.

No one person knows the best "effective approach" and not only does that require a consensus but a quarrum as well

The art of brainstorming means each in a group adds in solutions to a list of problems and by collective research and investigation a solution is arrived at.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    the system of white supremacy is why......

because today we have been subject to a mass media assault of self hate brainwashing that the world has not seen before.
    the first step is to see this for yourself. THAT is personal responsibility.
    i cannot see it for you, you must see it with your own eyes.

it is the matrix.

bless that sister stewart who revealed it to us all.

when you can see it for yourself, many of the questions that you now have will be answered.
    we can start building in a positive direction.

peace be unto you