Black Women : WHEN WILL BLACK WOMEN STEP UP TO THE PLATE???

Brother Isaiah ... i was thinking (again!) ... the Brothers that helped me understand what they were saying in regard to cognitive dissonance, probably would not have been as successful had we not been in voice chat. It provides an opportunity for us to talk together, where we can actually hear each other's voices and it's much easier to explain there, than here.

Here on the forum, we are more limited, because we can't always type out exactly what we're trying to say ... or hear another's response ... or answer the question as fully. Voice chat adds an entire dimension to the communication process.

I'd hate to think that i'm difficult to communicate with, when this entire effort is all about our communicating and understanding each other. While i've scaled back my opinion sharing on the forum to a degree, i still spend much time in voice chat.

While you may find that's a good reason to stay away from there (smile!), i'd like to invite you (and everyone) to join us in voice chat. Whatever hurdles we, Sisters and Brothers, may have when it comes to communicating with each other, it's my hope that we can overcome them.

Please feel free to join us there too, anytime.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Sisters River and Destee, I apologize to you, and any sisters who felt I besmirched or mischaracterized African Women. You are absolutely correct to say words to the effect that I had no business in the Women's forum, or to make commentary on what women discuss... It is your right and privilege to discuss whatever you wish without my critique...

I assure you that it will not happen again, as I will reserve my comments for the open forums, where both men and women can share their ideas together, because that is what community is about: masking no truths, telling no lies, and claiming no easy victories.... Once again, my apologies to you both, and hopefully, no lingering hard feelings(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

WAIT...what did I miss here? Am I an alien? I didn't receive Brother Isaiah's message as a negative depiction of Black women nor did I think he was excusing Black men from taking any responsibility for our evolution. My sisters just climbed all over the man and slapped him up side the head, put a foot in his back and shoved him out the door! :lol: What's going on?

Sure, when I first saw this thread I admit I had to squint my eyes a bit and read real fast to see what his point was but then I thought....having read Brother Isaiah in so many other threads, I felt this was his way of encouraging us, challenging us, if you will, and not bashing us or trying to tell us what to discuss in this forum. :lol: Sure...maybe he coulda been a bit more compassionate and understanding that not ALL of our issues are about the battles we fight everyday with racism/sexism an the like. Sometimes--and men may not be able to understand this--we Black women just need a place to come to--a safe refuge--where we can talk about WHATEVER we want to talk about. Even the warrior needs time to eat, sleep, go potty, make love and bond in ways other than on the battlefield.

But my goodness sisters...let's not get our hackles up so quickly or be quick to crucify our brother. After all, he's just a man who needs our help to better understand who we are and what we are made of. He recognizes what we're capable of because he's seen it done by our queens of yesterday. Unfortunately there's a veil he wears over his eyes because he doesn't see us here now--still fighting--still defending--still healing and nurturing--still leading the way like a guide in a jungle swinging a machete to clear a path for all to walk unobstructed.

Therefore my sisters, some of our brothers are fragile and need to be handled gently and with a bit more patience. Let's simply help to remove his veil and give him a chance. :D

Salute!
Queenie :heart:

NNQueen said:
WAIT...what did I miss here? Am I an alien?

Well Sister Queenie ... i didn't wanna say nuth'n ... but you aint got no whole bunch of sensitive emotions coursing thru yo' body (that i've seen evidence of) ... and that could be considered sorta alien-ish ... maybe there's a test you can take ... :lol:

Brother Isaiah ... i do thank you for your apology, but you've done nothing to apologize for ... this is a discussion forum and we've only been discussing ... i appreciate you being here with us to do that and i'm looking forward to more.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back