Black Spirituality Religion : When was Jesus born?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by African_Prince, May 22, 2006.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Orthodox Christians celebrate his birthday on the 7th of January and Catholics and Protestants on the 25th of December. I've read he was born on May 14th 6BC and I remember hearing a long time ago that he was born sometime in August I think. When was he really born (date/year)?

2. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
  3. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56

I don't know when He was born. I would try to guess but...why? Frankly I don't care when he was born. The fact of the matter is He was born and it is on me to make sure His birth was not in vain for me.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Who says he was ever a historical character to begin with?

He was "born" in the form of mythology, conglamorated from various ancient cultures.

PEACE

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    If we are to adhere to the Bible and place the Specific Word of GOD above all, we would have to believe Jesus / Immanuel was born during the fall of the Assyrian Empire and the rise of the Babylonian Empire. This is based upon this passage……

Isa:8:4: For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.

Read further text before and after the passage to grasp a better understanding.

6. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12
    i saw an A&E or History or Discovery Channel special stating that he was born on April 17th... i remember b/c that's my birthday.... and i thought... how odd... i'm going to see if i can find some text on it... and i'll be back...

i do believe that there was an historical jesus... i just think that there's also a mythological one created by organized religion... fables, morals, codes of ethics collectively grouped as named... THE BIBLE... i battle with this idea in my own theological identity... that and the idea that THE BIBLE that we know of today is only man's interpretation of God's words... i have a lot of different issues going on...

7. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    Good Topic!

I honestly don't know.

Too many saviors, preceed the most recent Christ... http://thetruthcenter.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=2

Prior to Christianity:

The Persian god Mithra, revered by many Romans, was said to have been born of a virgin in a sacred birth-cave of the Rock on December 25, witnessed by shepherds and Magi bringing gifts. He raised the dead, healed the sick, made the blind see and the lame walk, and exorcised devils. Mithra celebrated a Last Supper with his twelve disciples before he died. His image was buried in a rock tomb, but he was withdrawn and said to live again. His triumph and ascension to heaven were celebrated at the spring equinox
    http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

There was in fact an historical Iyesu/Y'usha/Yeshua--Jesus is the corrupt Greek name. I do not accept the New Testament Jesus as that same historical person. You must understand that "all" the early Christians had differing/varied perspectives about this subject and with successive generational tampering we inherited an embellished legend that literally grew feet and walked right into the bible account.

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    :toast:

Amen, Sister Joyce....But, not just His birth but his DEATH as well. :bowdown:

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I don't remember the Son telling us to remember His birthday and be sure to celebrate with gifts galore, so I'd have to wonder why so many are so caught up in it.

Either one believes in the Son, or they do not. They have faith in the Son for what He has done in His sacrifice for our sins, and bringing us salvation or they don't. Trying to pinpoint a date shouldn't be that which justifies ones belief in our King, as though that will make non-believers praise you for doing so. But all which He has taught in the faith, all which He has done because He loves us, His resurrection from the dead, His Ascension to the Father's right Hand, should be enough for us to simply believe, and live in His faith all our lives.

10. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Let me second that emotion sister Cherryblossom.....let me live my life so his death would not be in vain...because he died for me and my transgression ... knowing there would many in my lifetime!!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where was jesus.born.black