Black People : When Trying To Unify Our People, Who Should Be Excluded?

I don't mean to seem as though I'm playing devils advocate...
but I read XXXPANTHAXXX post and then I read it again...
and I think he said...

our People aren’t "attempting" to become unified; we ARE becoming more unified with each passing moment.

Meaning that we are not in the process but are already unified...and that unification
grows stronger with each passing moment.

Am I interpreting his statement correctly?

I was responding to this portion of your statement:

I’ve NEVER seen or heard of anyone being "excluded" for any of the reasons you mentioned

I have. And I'm saying if you look around on this forum, there are plenty of people who would like to exclude others for one or more of the items on Destee's list. Just look at some of the respondents on this thread.

Of course you're saying that the struggle for equality should be or is the most important one for everyone. I agree with you wholeheartedly. But I maintain that many, many, people get too caught up in the differences between us to overcome them and unify. That's all I'm saying.

angelicsage, thank you, sister. And I support your statements.

XXPANTHAXX, it feels like you are speaking one language and I another. I am not arguing that we are unified in coming to this web site, or that we are more unified than when our ancestors were slaves. I'm saying that one of the things that is keeping us from unifying totally right now is the splitting apart on various moral and religious issues for the sake of the larger cause. But I do have confidence that eventually these differences will be overcome. If that seems flawed to you, then so be it.

sister watzinaname, I thank you for the honor of asking me for my opinion. I do think we're headed in the right direction. The love and unity I see on the poet's forum is a fine example - I haven't seen such an outpouring of love and affection on a web site EVER. It gives me hope. :D What do you think?? I'd be curious to know.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back