Black People Politics : When Trump Becomes President - What Will it Look Like?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Destee, May 23, 2016.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    :rofl:

North Korea
    DID NORTH KOREA’S “CHARM OFFENSIVE” WORK ON MIKE PENCE?
    The V.P. says he’s willing to take a new approach to the North Korean nuclear crisis

upload_2018-2-13_13-17-51.png
    BY

ABIGAIL TRACY

... experts were quick to criticize Mike Pence’s standoffish approach to the North Korean delegation, arguing that the vice president had squandered a diplomatic opportunity. Yet it seems that behind his stoic front, Pence was moved by the festive atmosphere; aboard Air Force Two on Sunday, Pence told The Washington Post that the United States is open to speaking to North Korea without preconditions amid its ongoing and so-called “maximum-pressure” campaign.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...pJobID=1341131727&spReportId=MTM0MTEzMTcyNwS2

Did North Korea’s “Charm Offensive” Work on Mike Pence?

The V.P. says he’s willing to take a new approach to the North Korean nuclear crisis.
    vanityfair.com

upload_2018-2-13_13-18-51.png Mike Pence watches short track speed skating at Gangneung Ice Arena, February 10, 2018.By Carl Court/Getty Images. As Kim Yo Jong, the only sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and the
    “tip of the spear for the North Korean charm offensive,” flashed smiles and exchanged diplomatic niceties with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the Winter Olympics

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    :great:

Diplomacy toward North Korea is an opening, not a surrender

BY JESSE JACKSON
    February 13, 2018

The picture of Vice President Mike Pence standing stiffly next to the trusted younger sister of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un at the Olympics in South Korea spoke a thousand words ...

http://rainbowpush.icnironportaz3.com/mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100146967.67262.828&gen=1

Rainbow Push Coalition : Jesse Jackson: Diplomacy toward North Korea is an opening, not a surrender

Diplomacy toward North Korea is an opening, not a surrender BY JESSE JACKSON February 13, 2018 ...
    rainbowpush.icnironportaz3.com

[​IMG]

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    :rofl: ... :great: ... Glad you're back sister.

Omarosa Dishes On Mike Pence: 'He Thinks Jesus Tells Him To Say Things'

[​IMG]

Lee Moran

HuffPost

... On Monday’s episode of “Celebrity Big Brother,” the former White House Office of Public Liaison communications director warned her housemates that “as bad as y’all think Trump is, you would be worried about Pence.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/omarosa-dishes-mike-pence-apos-093906571.html

Omarosa Dishes On Mike Pence: 'He Thinks Jesus Tells Him To Say Things'

Omarosa Manigault-Newman issued a dire warning about Vice President Mike Pence.
    yahoo.com

[​IMG]
    Omarosa Manigault-Newman issued a dire warning about Vice President Mike Pence.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    National Security
    FBI director contradicts White House account on background investigation of aide accused of spousal abuse

By Ellen Nakashima and Shane Harris

... White House officials said that they were first contacted in the summer by the FBI about senior aide Rob Porter’s clearance. But Wray, testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee, said the FBI submitted a partial report on his clearance in March and that the investigation was completed in July ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m_term=.deecf951ac58&wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    :great:

Second U.S. judge blocks Trump administration from ending DACA program

[​IMG]

By Dan Levine

Reuters

U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis in Brooklyn ruled that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, cannot end in March as the Republican administration had planned, a victory for Democratic state attorneys general and immigrants who sued the federal government.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/second-u-judge-blocks-trump-administration-ending-daca-205404424.html

Second U.S. judge blocks Trump administration from ending DACA program

A second U.S. judge on Tuesday blocked President Donald Trump's decision to end a program that protects immigrants brought to the United States illegally as children from deportation. U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis in Brooklyn ruled that...
    yahoo.com

[​IMG]
    FILE PHOTO - People protest for immigration reform for DACA recipients and a new Dream Act, in Los Angeles, California, U.S. January 22, 2018. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
  7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    All I can do is :facepalm: Since the NRA provided over 20 million to Trump's campaign.

Mass Shootings
    TRUMP BLAMES PARKLAND MASSACRE ON SHOOTER’S “NEIGHBORS AND CLASSMATES”
    The president’s emerging talking point gives gun-rights activists and lawmakers a pass

[​IMG]
    BY

ABIGAIL TRACY

Donald Trump engaged in some old-fashioned victim blaming. “Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...pJobID=1341449377&spReportId=MTM0MTQ0OTM3NwS2

Trump Blames Parkland Massacre on Shooter’s “Neighbors and Classmates”

The president’s emerging talking point gives gun-rights activists and lawmakers a pass.
    vanityfair.com

[​IMG]
    Students are released from a lockdown outside of Stoneman Douglas High School after the shooting on February 14, 2018. By John McCall/Sun Sentinel/TNS/Getty Images

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    All I can do is :facepalm:

Thoughts and Prayers and N.R.A. Funding

By DAVID LEONHARDT, IAN PRASAD PHILBRICK and STUART A. THOMPSON

... Below are the top 10 career recipients of N.R.A. funding – through donations or spending to benefit the candidate – among both current House and Senate members, along with their statements about the Las Vegas massacre. These representatives have a lot to say about it, all the while, they refuse to do anything to avoid the next massacre.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/04/opinion/thoughts-prayers-nra-funding-senators.html

Opinion | The Congress Members Receiving the Most N.R.A. Funding

Thoughts and prayers and the N.R.A.: Here are the top career recipients of N.R.A. campaign money.
    nytimes.com

Senate

[​IMG]John McCain
    Ariz.

“Cindy & I are praying for the victims of the terrible #LasVegasShooting & their families.”
    $7,740,521
    FROM THE N.R.A.

2.[​IMG]Richard Burr
    N.C.

“My heart is with the people of Las Vegas and their first responders today. This morning’s tragic violence has absolutely no place here in America.”
    $6,986,620
    FROM THE N.R.A.

3.[​IMG]Roy Blunt
    Mo.

“Saddened by the tragic loss of life in #LasVegas. My thoughts are with all of the families affected by this horrific attack.”
    $4,551,146
    FROM THE N.R.A.

4.[​IMG]Thom Tillis
    N.C.

“Susan and I send our deepest condolences and prayers to the families of the victims of this horrific and senseless tragedy in Las Vegas.”
    $4,418,012
    FROM THE N.R.A.

5.[​IMG]Cory Gardner
    Co.

“My family and I are praying for the families of those injured and killed in Las Vegas last night.”
    $3,879,064
    FROM THE N.R.A.

6.[​IMG]Marco Rubio
    Fla.

“I’m praying for all the victims, their families, and our first responders in the #LasVegas #MandalayBay shooting.”
    $3,303,355
    FROM THE N.R.A.

7.[​IMG]Joni Ernst
    Iowa

“My prayers are with all of the victims in Las Vegas, and their loved ones affected by this senseless act of violence.”
    $3,124,273
    FROM THE N.R.A.

8.[​IMG]Rob Portman
    Ohio

“Jane & I mourn the loss of innocent lives in this horrific attack in Las Vegas last night. We are praying for those taken from us, their families & all those injured in this attack.”
    $3,061,941
    FROM THE N.R.A.

9.[​IMG]Todd Young
    Ind.

“We must offer our full support to the victims and their families as our nation mourns.”
    $2,896,732
    FROM THE N.R.A.

10.[​IMG]Bill Cassidy
    La.

“Following closely the horrendous act of violence in Las Vegas. Our prayers are with those who were injured, killed and their families.”
    $2,861,047
    FROM THE N.R.A.

House
    1. [​IMG] French Hill
    Ark.
    “Martha and I are praying for the families and victims of this senseless act of evil. […] We must continue to work together to stop this kind of terror.”
    $1,089,477
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    2. [​IMG] Ken Buck
    Co.
    “I'm praying for all of those impacted by the evil events in Las Vegas last night. Our country must stand together in support of the families of the victims and the community.”
    $800,544
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    3. [​IMG] David Young
    Iowa
    “My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and friends of the horrific and evil tragedy in Las Vegas.”
    $707,662
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    4. [​IMG] Mike Simpson
    Idaho
    “Though no words can heal our hurt, and no explanation will ever feel sufficient, I pray that all involved may find comfort as we process this devastating tragedy.”
    $385,731
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    5. [​IMG] Greg Gianforte
    Mont.
    No statement released.
    $344,630
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    6. [​IMG] Don Young
    Alaska
    “Anne and I are praying for all those involved or impacted by this heinous act of violence.”
    $245,720
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    7. [​IMG] Lloyd Smucker
    Pa.
    “Horrific act of violence in Las Vegas. Cindy and I pray for the victims, their families, and the first responders.”
    $221,736
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    8. [​IMG] Bruce Poliquin
    Maine
    “My thoughts are with all those effected in the horrifying attacks in Las Vegas. The nation is with you.”
    $201,398
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    9. [​IMG] Pete Sessions
    Tex.
    “My deepest sympathies are with all who were harmed by this horrific tragedy.”
    $158,111
    FROM THE N.R.A.
    10. [​IMG] Barbara Comstock
    Va.
    “I am heartbroken by the mass murder that took place last night in Las Vegas and I am praying for the victims, families, and first responders.”
    $137,232
    FROM THE N.R.A.

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    All I can do is :facepalm:

How Congress and Trump stymied Obama's mental-health gun-control rule

[​IMG]

Michael Walsh
    Reporter

Yahoo News

... One of Trump’s first actions in the White House was to quash former President Barack Obama’s recommendation for a new regulation that would prevent people with severe mental health illnesses from purchasing guns.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/congress...mental-health-gun-control-rule-192935462.html

How Congress and Trump stymied Obama's mental-health gun-control rule

After the school shooting in Florida, President Trump emphasized the importance of mental health. But one of his first actions in the White House was to reverse Barack Obama's recommendation for a new regulation that would prevent people with...
    yahoo.com

[​IMG]
    President Trump and former President Barack Obama. (Photos: Evan Vucci/AP; Stephane Cardinale/Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    :rofl:

White House insists latest Russia indictments prove 'NO COLLUSION'

[​IMG]

Olivier Knox
    Chief Washington Correspondent

Yahoo News

WASHINGTON — The White House declared Friday that the latest charges stemming from the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election proved there was “NO COLLUSION” (all caps in the original statement) between President Trump’s campaign and Moscow-tied operatives. And Trump himself insisted on Twitter that “the results of the election were not impacted.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-ho...indictments-prove-no-collusion-213222366.html

White House insists latest Russia indictments prove 'NO COLLUSION'

The White House declared that the latest charges from the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election proved there was “NO COLLUSION” between President Trump’s campaign and Moscow-tied operatives.
    yahoo.com