Black People : When Someone Apologizes...What Do You Do?

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
When someone says, "I'm sorry..." and they genuinely mean it....and you know it...
Do you forgive them?
Do you forgive them and forget it?
or
Do you forgive them, but still keep in mind what they did, by not forgetting?

If you apologize to someone do you expect them to forgive and forget?

When is a situation unforgivable? Or something you cannot forget?

Can you truly forgive someone, if you still hold on to what they've done and never forget?

When someone says, "I'm sorry..." and they genuinely mean it....and you know it...
Do you forgive them?
Do you forgive them and forget it?
or
Do you forgive them, but still keep in mind what they did, by not forgetting?

If you apologize to someone do you expect them to forgive and forget?

When is a situation unforgivable? Or something you cannot forget?

Can you truly forgive someone, if you still hold on to what they've done and never forget?

I forgive them.

I forgive them and forget right away!

I don't keep it in mind.

I don't have moments of unforgivable deeds against me. I just normally remember history(like American slavery), not things done against me that are now apologized for.

I don't believe you've fully forgiven a person if you hold onto what they've done against you all your life; it's like you're still expecting it of them or still count that as a piece of them. That's not forgiving. Now, sometimes it can be hard to forget, but when you think of the worst thing you've done to another, and how you'd like that to be forgotten, it becomes easier.

I think it's just as hard to publicly admit that one is wrong and mean it...as it is hard to forgive AND forget. I think words are easy to say...but actions are hard to follow up with the words.

It's hard, undoubtedly. But because it's hard, that's why it's that much more special when a person can come to humbling themselves in such a manner. Admitting you're wrong is to come to some sort of vulnerability, and to do that before another shows humility through and through; if a person can't bring themselves to forgiving a person after them actually sincerely doing that, they'd have to be pretty hard hearted or distrusting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back