Black People : WHEN R U COMIN BACK 2 AFRIKA?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by rapchild, Dec 15, 2006.

1. rapchild

rapchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Ratings:
    +209
    First of all IF THIS IS ABOUT SEX,MONEY ETC I BELIEVE I WILL GET MORE
    REPLIES and MORE VIEWS.
    I GUESS I WILL GET LITTLE RESPONSE CUZ ITS NOT.
    this is another thing wrong about destee.com members.

when are u comin to africa for good to work n live.
    its funny i know its the last thing on ur minds cuz ive been bought
    with the negative image showed 2 u by ur media.
    stop dependin on clips n photos n come c it for urselfs.
    the continent is now developin this is the time 2 invest into business
    u just have 2 research and know the kind of business 2 set up.
    alotta foreign businesses have made fortunes here especially in ghana
    believe me i know.

i turn on the tv in ghana and i c all this africans in comin back home
    everytime.famous people and infamous people.
    -Rita Marley lives in ghana i know that for a fact.
    -Lennox Lewis lives in ghana(in and out of the country)
    -Danny Glover been here more than ones doin his own thing.
    heard he also owns a house but dont know that for a fact.
    -Desailly french footballer lives in ghana(fact).
    -Serena williams and her mum been here rumours has it they own a house
    in the same neighbourhood where Mrs Rita Marley lives so know if is true or not.
    -buju banton,dead prez etc and alot of infamous people work and live in ghana today.
    this is just ghana dont know about other african countries n who is now livin there.

so u still think u are too good for africa?ask urselves.

i will not answer 2 foolish questions.so dont bother askin.
    Thank You.

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    rapchild...

RELAX. It's not that serious. Has anyone attacked you? If so, let the Mods handle it...just show proof of the personal attack in the specific thread.

Here is a little advice. I don't know if you will take it or not...but here it is anyway. Please don't assume that someone will do something before they've actually done it. No one has responded to your post yet and you're assuming that we'd ask you stupid questions...which you won't reply...or that we'd knock down your thoughts. Not everyone will agree...but to make assumptions about us before we've even responded is insulting to those who'd love to respond to your comments. So, don't do that. Just share your thoughts as if we're long time friends sitting on the porch drinking lemonade in the summer time with nothing else to do. :D

Now, in response to your comments, I too share your desire for our people to unite and to develop a strong African country independent of any foreign control. But, the situation you speak of can be dealt with on a surface level or in very intricate detail.

On the surface, you must understand that most of the people you mentioned are well-to-do or incredibly rich. Most Africans around the world are not that rich. And those that are rich may not share our same mentality. Hence, those Africans outside of Africa with the financial means and a shared mentality are going home to setup shop and build.

On a deeper level, you must consider the economy of the African countries. Those economies must be developed slowly starting with the bare essentials for living; food (farmland), shelter (housing), and safety (army) being tops on that list. This will take some detailed thinking on our part...not just setting up shop there.

Without going into detail, I thought I'd share a comment or two on your topic.

Peace, Fam.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    This love hate relationship with African Americans needs to stop now! We are nobody's red-headed step-child to be Used for envious foreigner's convenience; anybody for that matter.

Peace

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Rapchild what's up lately u been kicking at Destee.com
    if nolonger like it here just walk out the door and stop sterotyping what another will do
    peace & love fo real let enjoy our time together as brothers / friendz as family .

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    When am I going back to Africa? Well I'm not. Why would I ? What's there that would improve my life so much that I would leave my family , friends and such here to move there? Are they giving out free money, houses and transport? Do I have a better chance of living better there than I do here?

I'm not going anywhere simply because there have to be some real financial reasons to make me go anywhere. Would my kids have it better there than they do here. Way I figure it I struggle here, work and have some things , kids fed do some of the stuff I like . Would there be that much of a difference in Africa ? Would I get out of the grind over there?

Like I've said before and will again I ain't going anywhere I have no reason to . I don't believe in that Utopia? Moving so I can get back to where some of my Ancestors lived ? Nah that's cool I'll stay here and play my hand out. Sentimentality or a search for some link to my Ancestors ain't enough to move anywhere.

Bruh everybody you mentioned ain't got no money issues they don't have to worry bout finding a job and getting that money flow going to feed their kids and such whereas most of us regular folk do have them concerns.

These folks you say live there though , do you really know that for sure, have you been to their pads or is that just what you heard? A lot of people knew for a "fact" that Alexander Oneal was from Minneapolis when the real truth is he's from Natchez Mississippi. I'm just wondering?

As to the other question Am I too good for Africa? Not at all but that has nothing to do with it. I'm out to do what's best for my kids not what's best for me . Being too good has nothing to do with anything, the way I see it why would I leave the struggle here to feed mine to go live somewhere else and experience the same struggle?

The closest I'm getting to my roots is going back to Mississippi but that's just me...

MississippiRed

6. Divine

Divine Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Why would we move to Africa? I have bought several movies from Nigeria and the way Black Americans are portrayed is not good. Plus there is so much fighting among the tribes in Africa.

The Black Americans in America must improve our relationship with each other before we can get a close relationship with Blacks in other countries.

7. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I agree. Why go from one cesspool of ignorance & strife, to another? Confusion has no boundary. You gotta treat a wound with alcohol before you "slap" a band-aid on it.

Peace

8. Africana

Africana Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    When I get some money

9. Love_Unknown

Love_Unknown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    As soon as I can.

Hello Rapchild. This is my very first post so I hope I'm doing this right. Went to Ghana for 6 weeks in 98 and I've been dying to get back ever since :missu:. It was the most wonderful place I've ever been, infact it was the only wonderful place I've ever been. Been to Hawaii :boring. Been to Paris :puke2:. Been all over America :eeek: :censored:. Now I'm living in Tokyo :uhh: When I get my business situation together I'll be moving directly to Ghana from here. From what I can gather Ghana is probably one of the best kept secrets in the world, but it won't stay that way for long.

Just to add to your list I heard that Stevie Wonder is a regular over there, heard Isaac Hayes bought like a whole village there somewhere and is doing some wonderful things, heard Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith fell in love with the place and bought some land out there, heard Quincy Jones bought a whole bunch of beachfront property there, heard Shaba Ranks likes to kick it there, heard Farrakhan's son spends alot of time there, heard Eldridge Cleaver took refuge there after leaving America for a while, of course W.E. Dubois got frustrated with America, retired to Ghana and spent his last days there, others too but I can't remember. Also heard it's a real hot spot for Black celebrities and the like during the Christmas season. Also came into contact with a Black millionaire who retired there and was trying to help some brothas leave America to get set up there, met a Black dentist from Atlanta who set up shop out there, and looked into an all Black investment group in L.A. which had and entire section of the organization whose sole purpose was to build enough monthly capital to be able to retire and live in Ghana. Told me they were buying up alot of really beautiful land in the Volta Region (I spent about a week in a small town and two different villages in that area, absolutely amazing.)

Of course I understand this all completely because I spent time there. And if anybody reading this post wants to go I suggest you try to stay a little while, as opposed to just showing up as a tourist. Both are good, but staying is "much" better. I can write about Ghana for days (filled two notebooks of writing when I stayed there, that's how many amazing things I saw.) But I'll post my experience in detail in another thread. I'm assuming that you're Ghanaian Rapchild, so trust me when I tell you not to worry about a thing. Make sure you welcome us when we get there because we're coming. Ghana is the Black American Mecca and is going to be the first truly prosperous modern African country. I guarantee it. See you there.

10. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    So you are making assumptions from movies?????? come on now!