Black Parenting : When Parenting Goes Wrong

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by MsInterpret, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Chicago Father Faces Battery Charges For FB Pic Of Gagged Daughter

By Hannington Dia

[​IMG]A 22-year-old Chicagoan is facing up to seven years in prison on aggravated domestic battery charges for posting a Facebook photo of his daughter bound and gagged, the Chicago Tribune reports. Andre Curry managed to beat an unlawful restraint charge in court Tuesday, but the judge is still debating the battery charges.
    At the trial hearing where he was acquitted of the restraint charge, Curry told Judge Lawrence Flood how the incident unfolded at his home last December. Curry claims he was playing with his 22-month-old daughter when he decided to bind her hands, feet and mouth with blue painters tape as a joke. He then took a picture of her with his camera phone and uploaded it to his Facebook page. The image was complemented by a message saying, “This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back ;).”

The picture quickly went viral and Curry was cuffed a week later. Cook County prosecutors found the sight no laughing matter, arguing that Curry blocked her breathing and committed battery by gagging her. Still, Curry’s associates and lawyer argued that the child was never in any danger.
    “He said the child was only taped up for a maximum of 30 seconds,” Chicago Police Detective Charles Hollendoner testified Tuesday.
    “Was this something stupid to do? No question about it,” Attorney Sam Adam Jr. told Judge Flood on Curry’s behalf. “But they’re asking you to find him guilty of some very serious charges.”
    READ MORE: http://newsone.com/2070787/andre-curry-battery-charges-facebook-photo/

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    What kind of father is he... :mad:

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I know...poor baby! I don't know why people do these things to these kids...
    Sometimes I can't even stand to listen to how people talk at their kids...especially the babies who don't know any better.

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    7 years in prison is a crazy sentence. They try to lock black folks away whenever they get a chance.. like prison is the answer for every situation. He needs some intervention.. some counseling.. some supervision.. but locking the dude up with killers for 7 years is not what him or his children need.

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

They try to lock black folks away whenever they get a chance.. like prison is the answer for every situation. I have to agree with you.:)