Black Short Stories : When One Isn't Enough

treenay78

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 10, 2002
WHEN ONE ISN'T ENOUGH
(this is the beginning of a story is written by two different authors going back and forth please see the website link below for the completed version)

Kneesa

The ringing of the phone woke me out of my slumber. I turned over hoping it would stop. It did then it started ringing again. I opened my eyes slowly glancing at the red bright numbers on the clock wondering who could be calling this early. The time read 6:30am. I turned back over reaching for the phone.

"Hello." I answered in a drowsy voice.

"Good morning Kneesa." A familiar voice said making me frown.

"Good morning Mrs. Andrews." I said in a low voice hoping she would realize we were still sleep and call back later.

"Is Anthony up?" She asked knowing **** well he wasn't. He was off today.

"No ma'am he's not."

"I need to talk with him Kneesa can you wake him?"

I sighed and answered, "Yes ma'am one moment."

I turned over and looked at my husband sleeping peacefully. He had worked all week and didn't get off until late last night. Today was Saturday and he was finally off. I hated to wake him.

"Anthony." I whispered trying to wake him. He didn't answer. I called him again and he made a noise turning over.

"Anthony, your mom is on the phone." Mom was the magic word because he shot up like someone had told him he had won a million dollars. I handed him the phone making a face.

While he was talking to his mom I tried to kiss him, but he turned the other way mouthing to me to stop. I had been married to Anthony for four and half years. I met him when I was in my last year of high school. It was love at first sight when I first laid eyes on his chocolate skin and bedroom eyes. He was the only guy that ever treated me special. Being with him was like floating on cloud nine twenty four seven. Most of our nights were spent making endless love. The man just made me feel good. Every chance he got he would take me out and suprise me with things like cards, balloons and candy. I was head over heels in love with Anthony Lamar Andrews so when he asked me to marry him I had no problem saying yes.

We had not been married six months when I found out I was pregnant. Anythony didn't waste any time taking on two jobs to support us. He would give me back rubs, foot massages and he made it to every single doctor's appointment. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. My marriage was perfect and couldn't get any better! Then when the the third year of our marriage rolled around he slowly started changing. He was spending less time at home and more time with his mother. Whenever she called he broke his neck getting to her forgetting about his family. The candy, balloons, late night conversations and sex around the clock all stopped. I was lucky if I got a hug and a kiss once a week. I can't really explain what happen with us. It's like one day we were so in love the next day we were just together. I know it sounds crazy, but it's like he made a complete 360 on me.

I keep hoping and praying one day my old Anthony that use to make me smile just by looking at me will come back-I miss him dearly.

After he talked with his mom for almost an hour I decided to roll over and get me some. Being that he had worked all week we had not had sex. Well, we had a quickie a couple of days ago, but that didn't count because it only lasted five minutes if that long plus I didn't get mine.

I rolled over and positioned myself on top of him. I was only wearing a t shirt so I knew he felt my coochie on him. He was wearing boxers and the head of his **** was sticking out so I started to move to arouse him.

"Kneesa, it's early." He said stopping me from grinding.

"Anthony, I want to make love." I said in a whining voice.

"I'm tired and I gotta get up in a few hours to help momma do some things around the house." He said pushing me off him.

"Today is Saturday Anthony I thought we were gonna be spend the day together.....just you, me and the twins." I said getting upset.

"Maybe tomorrow I got alot of stuff to do today. I promise tomorrow we will do something." He replied yawning and turning over with his back facing me.

I looked up at the ceiling and silently said promises, promises, promises. It seemed like lately he only made them to break them.

Jahvari

"Vari, my cereal is soggy." My little sister Tia called from the kitchen.

"You asked for it, so you better eat it all." I responded back still concentrating on the new basketball game I'd just bought for my Xbox.

"But its soggy Vari." Tia was now standing in front of the television holding a cereal bowl and staring back at me with those sad eyes of hers. She was only eight, but was already taller than most of the other kids in her third grade class. My parents never expected to have any more kids after me, but my third year of college, they announced that they had another child on the way. I thought they were crazy, which I still think, but they had a healthy successful pregnancy and nine months later I had my little sister Altia--Tia for short.

She spent most of her time at the house my grandparents had given me because my father was battling with lung disease due to twenty something years of smoking. Since my parents thought his time was limited, they tried to travel and spend as much time as they could together. Which left me babysitting Tia most of the time. She wrecked havoc on my love life, which was generally non-existent, but my parents had done a great deal for me growing up so its the least I could do for them.

"Pour it in the sink." I finally told her after pausing my game. She grinned back at me and skipped her lanky little legs back into the kitchen. "And don't spill any." She responded back with an ok as I listened for the sound of the liquid going down the drain and the clanking of the bowl hitting the sink. I then started back up my video game and leaned back into the couch cushions.

I was proud of my little place. After stupidly living in a northside high rise for two years, practically going broke trying to keep up with that high priced rent, I finally decided to take one of the houses my parents rented out. Why pay when you can live rent free? This particular house use to be my grandparents house so it was a little old fashioned. The families who use to occupy it never bothered to update any of the appliances or furnishings so when I came in I had to clean house.

It took me three whole months to get all the new stuff in and working right, along with the furniture I wanted. This week was the first week I'd actually been able to relax and enjoy my hard work and efforts and of course I couldn't do it alone. Tia was right here with me while my parents were traveling wherever. They usually called her every night before bed when they were out of town though so she would never thought they loved her any less for always leaving her with me. Although I don't believe her thinking had gotten that far yet.

"Can I play?" Tia ran back through the living room and plopped down beside me, shoving the black and beige elephant pillows aside so she could sit comfortably.

"You don't know how to play this one Tia."

"So." She reached over for the remote which I snatched back. She giggled, making her two ponytail braids jiggle. "What are we doing today Vari?" My family was the only ones that even called me Vari. They were the only ones that could say it without it bothering me. Everybody else just knew me as Jah. Never told anybody my full name.

"Why don't you go take a bath and get dressed and we'll go to the museum or something."

"The museum of science and industry?" She said jumping up and down beside me.

"Yeah, we'll catch the bus down there."

"Why can't you drive? You never like to drive. I like your car--and my friends at school always ask me if they can ride in it one day." I smiled at Tia but but tried to concentrate on not letting the computer whoop the Sixers team I'd put togther. I had a Excursion that I was real careful about driving everywhere. Especially since ****** in Chicago liked to rob ****** every two blocks. After I'd had the rims, alligator leather seats, suede cielings, dvd player, navigation system, wood grain and speakers hooked up, I figured it was kind of a waste cause I was always scared to drive it.

"We'll see after you go get dressed T."

"Promise?" She whined patting my shoulder.

"Yeah. I already pressed and laid out your clothes on the bed."

"K." She slid forward on the couch and ran back through the house to the bedroom I had designated especially for her when she came over. My parents had decided to pay to have it furnished for her, along with some of the same toys she had at home. I fussed at first because I knew folks would come over here thinking I had a daughter or something, but then decided to say **** it. Whatever made my little sister happy.

Just as I was starting to master the game and put an *** whoopin' on the computer, the house phone started to ring. I'd paid extra money to buy a system that announced who was calling without me having to run over to the Caller ID and strain to see. The computerized female voice said my boy Delton's name and I picked up the portable phone that sat beside me.

"What up?" I answered.

"This ***** is getting on my nerves man." I laughed remembering how I told him letting that chick move in with him was a bad idea anyway. I thought it was an even worse idea when he brought her over here for me to meet and I saw how ugly she was. No makeup or nice clothes gonna fix that. My boy could do better, but I guess he caught feelings for her when he was protecting her from some psycho hoe down in Atlanta.

"What's she doing now?"

"She's just trippin." His voice rumbled into the phone. "Want me to take her *** everywhere I go and trying to keep tabs on me and ****." I laughed again knowing he wasn't ready for that type of relationship, especially with all the women who were dying to fall into his bed in Chicago.

"So what's up with the club later?"

"Oh yeah." He responded clearing his throat. "They want us to be there at 8pm. So its supposed to be me, you, Allen, and um...D'Marques. Me and you will be walking around the club, making sure those fools don't start clownin' and D'Marques and Allen will be up front checking for weapons and IDs." Delton and I had started our own security business about two years ago after his career as a police officer went down the drain. With his criminal mind I knew his chosen career wouldn't last long anyway. He couldn't see turning the money and drugs he'd found on most of the criminals in when he could make good use of it and eventually they'd caught up to his *** and let him go. They were pretty lienent on him if you ask me.

We'd come up with the idea for a security business called Big Dawg Security. We wanted Big Boi since we were both about 6'4 and 200 hundred something pounds of solid muscle, but the name was already in use. If Delton and I had never hooked up, I'd probably be putting my degree in sports medicine and excercise physciology to use. Occasionally I still trained people in my spare time, but right now we were still trying to get this security thing off the ground.

"Hey, Valerie still wants to be down and we need another female to pat these women for weapons. She use to go to the police academy so she knows a few moves."

"Moves? For what?" I asked holding in laughter.

"In case somebody tries something funny."

"Wait, didn't her *** get kidnapped and almost killed?"

"Maaaan." Delton said laughing. "You try to tell her that. She's thinks she's superwoman around here and ****. I keep telling her *** that she can't be no security when her *** is three months pregnant."

"That's right." I said remembering. "Yeah, tell her we don't need her help." I finally stood up and turned off the game I was playing and flipped off the big screen tv along with it. "Well I'm getting ready to take Tia to the museum, I'll meet you at your crib at 7 and we can go down to the club together. What's the name of it again?"

"The Garden--the one they just opened a couple of weeks ago. Remember?"

"Yeah. Ight man...I'ma hit you later." I said ending the call and turning around just as Tia came running back into the room dressed in the green courdaroy jumper and white turtleneck I'd laid out for her. She had on the matching white tights and some shoes that buckled up across each foot.

"You ready?" She yelled, jumping up and down.

"Nah, I gotta take my shower now T, so go watch cartoons for a minute and then we can get out of here." I told her patting her head.

THIS STORY CAN BE READ IN ITS COMPLETED VERSION AT:
http://forum.soulfullreaders.com/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d2d9b130b38ffff;act=ST;f=14;t=13;st=0
THANKS FOLKS!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back