Law Forum : When Marijuana was ILLEGAL it had a Black Face - Now that it's LEGAL it has a White Face ?!

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Destee, Aug 17, 2013.

  1. Destee

    Destee destee.com STAFF

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2001
    Messages:
    34,790
    Likes Received:
    8,983
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    betwixt and between
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Peace and Blessings Family,

    I can't help but notice this great big SWITCHAROO ... :thinking:

    All the years, marijuana ... illegal drugs ... had a Black Face ... media stories galore of young Black Men selling drugs on a corner, criminals, the scourge of the community, ruining great lives, so many negative things went along with this image of the drug dealing Black Man. Even still today, young Black Men are starting their descent into the prison system based on possession of this one drug, and don't let 'em have more than a little bit, for they will be charged with drug trafficking. Rarely does the media touch on the fact that none of these Black Men flew the drugs / marijuana in, grew it, or any such thing as that. Nope. Whenever this drug has been talked about, there was absolutely nothing white about the stories, except perhaps the authors.

    But now that it has been legalized in a few places around the country ... WAHLA !!! ... White faces adorn the media stories! In the blink of an eye, the main characters have switched colors / race and now there are great stories of entrepreneurial spirit and fortitude! Lavish living, making millions and even billions of dollars supplying folk with marijuana ... they even show their pristine, well manicured marijuana gardens / fields ... and guess what ... ALL THE STORIES are of white people! They're on tv and everything ... :tv1:

    How did the white people all of a sudden become successful, respected marijuana drug dealers?! ... :thinking:

    Love You!

    :heart:

    Destee
     
  2. Kadijah

    Kadijah Banned MEMBER

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2013
    Messages:
    6,265
    Likes Received:
    2,947
    Ratings:
    +2,952
    As you said: ONLY in the media. In the real world, the same 80% of druggies are white and live in the suburbs. :news:[/quote]
     
  3. $$RICH$$

    $$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2001
    Messages:
    69,983
    Likes Received:
    3,978
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    BUSINESS owner
    Location:
    Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome to the copra America the propagandized associations .....
     
  4. Enki

    Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    Messages:
    8,153
    Likes Received:
    4,926
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Civil Eng.
    Location:
    The Third Plane of Existence
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Here in Wa. state, one would think it was a white thang when you look at who examines you in order to give you the legal documentations, and who run the outlets.

    Peace!
     
  5. Kemetstry

    Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2001
    Messages:
    20,950
    Likes Received:
    5,248
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Chemist
    Location:
    Detroit
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    [/quote]



    Correction: +85 % of druggies are wm. The other 15% is spread amongst ww and everyone else.






    ..
     
  6. houserunner

    houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1,070
    Likes Received:
    1,154
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Projection is a mutha ain't it? We are 12% (of the population of this country), we have the most percentage of population in the penal system, but we still are displayed as the problem and the drug problem has our faces tied to it. It is truly laughable how idiotic things are when you present the facts and know the reality.
     
  7. Enki

    Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    Messages:
    8,153
    Likes Received:
    4,926
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Civil Eng.
    Location:
    The Third Plane of Existence
    Ratings:
    +5,928


    Correction: +85 % of druggies are wm. The other 15% is spread amongst ww and everyone else.






    ..[/quote]

    On point bruh..Just like they are the main ones that are meth heads.. But note how that is not nationally publicized. For us, we get the finger pointed at us. For them, they get put on a poster with the question, "how does a beautiful white woman get turned into this".

    Peace!
     
  8. Lakeesha T

    Lakeesha T Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    May 4, 2013
    Messages:
    55
    Likes Received:
    10
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +10
  9. Gorilla

    Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    Messages:
    2,479
    Likes Received:
    1,382
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I'd be interested in more of a break down on the types of illicit drugs used. Another interesting area to look at though is alcohol.
     
  10. Clyde C Coger Jr

    Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2006
    Messages:
    39,405
    Likes Received:
    10,421
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078



    Your statement or conclusion:

    African Americans actually use illicit drugs at a higher rate than white Americans

    is misleading La Keesha T.

    It implies that more black folk use illicit drugs than white folk.

    For that to be true, 50% of the black population would have to use illicit drugs, roughly 20 million blacks; while 8.7% of the white population, roughly 19.4 million whites, are currently using illicit drugs for the past month in 2011, respectively.


    The survey reflects:

    Among blacks or African Americans, the percentage using illicit drugs in the past month was 9.7 percent in 2002, 8.7 percent in both 2003 and 2004, 9.7 percent in 2005, 9.8 percent in 2006, 9.5 percent in 2007, 10.0 percent in 2008, 9.7 percent in 2009, 10.7 percent in 2010, and 10.0 percent in 2011. The difference between the 2011 estimate and the 2004 estimate was statistically significant.

    Among whites, the percentage using illicit drugs in the past month was 8.5 percent in 2002, 8.3 percent in 2003, 8.1 percent in both 2004 and 2005, 8.5 percent in 2006, 8.2 percent in 2007, 8.3 percent in 2008, 8.8 percent in 2009, 9.1 percent in 2010, and 8.7 percent in 2011. The differences between the 2011 estimate and the 2004 and 2005 estimates were statistically significant.


    The rate of usage between blacks and whites or the higher rate difference, is only 1.3 percentage points; while the population difference is 19.4 million whites using illicit drugs, and only 4.0 million blacks use illicit drugs.

    Nearly 5 times as many whites use illicit drugs to blacks, a ratio of approximately 5 to 1.
     
Loading...