Black People : When Is It Okay for an Adult to Steal From Others?

KML (killing myself laughing) that is a funny philosophy right there.

I do not understand. You mean 'funny wrong' or 'funny right?'

For that 'philosophy' is at the basis of all ethical dilemma's dealing with theft.

If you don't think that it's right to steal from a thief, then you don't think it's wrong to steal. Because thievery, to you, would have no punishment, and after one steals, one can not be legitimately stolen from.

I never knew someone to "laugh" at Philosophy (let alone ancient Philosophy). I find it weird that you have.

i almost hate that i asked this question ... :bye:

folk admitting that they steal ... as adults ... and are so justified in doing so ... :cry: ... :bye: ... :cry:

but the truth is the truth i reckon ... and we can't be afraid of hearing / reading it ... right?

i wonder though ... do those that think it's okay to steal from others ... teach your children the same?

do you expect to be stolen from as well ... and understanding of the thief ... when they're stealing from you?

gosh ... i'm really surprised ... but it's the reality and diversity of us

i appreciate you all sharing ... thank you ... :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

folk admitting that they steal ... as adults ... and are so justified in doing so ... :cry: ... :bye: ... :cry:

but the truth is the truth i reckon ... and we can't be afraid of hearing / reading it ... right?

i wonder though ... do those that think it's okay to steal from others ... teach your children the same?

do you expect to be stolen from as well ... and understanding of the thief ... when they're stealing from you?

Destee

to quote busta rhymes....
no shame in my game cause thas how i got dissed....

one love
khasm

Destee

Sister Destee, what do you consider stealing?

For instance, does 'stealing' transfer property?

As in--if someone kidnaps someone's kid, is 'someone's' kid now 'the kidnapper's' kid?

Is someone, and everyone, supposed to treat the kidnapper as the parent?

In my view it isn't. But in common terminology--when one person 'steals' a piece of property, everyone behaves like that theft was legitimate. [I.e. when Europeans steal Coltan from the Congo, we all say "How much will you sell it for, Mr.?"

The question only becomes whether the mother of the child or the owners of the Earth go along with it.

Child services separates parents from children all the time. The Prison system does the same. This is not a hypothetical question but a penetration of our conditioning.

to quote busta rhymes....
no shame in my game cause thas how i got dissed....

one love
khasm

I understand Brother Khasm ... and respect your right to be and do as you please ... but what of the babies?

Do you teach your children to do the same?

Are you understanding when someone steals from you?

I'm just trying to understand how you balance the full consequence of such a choice.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back