Black Relationships : When Is Divorce Necessary?

Thus proving my point about having a baby and thinking it will make a man cleave to you

What? These MEN thought it necessary to marry them...they did it on their own free will...THEY thought it would be best to do so...THEY thought it would work.

I told them it wouldn't...one homeboy insisted that it would, but it didn't.

I give him kudos for trying.

I've never been married. But one day I would like to fall in love and get married. However, I'm very skeptical about it. Being that I know more people who have divorced then remained married.
My daughter's friend's parents are getting divorced because from my understanding the husband is very controlling and mean. They have 4 kids together, one of which is between the two, and the other three are hers.
He is opposed to helping out with the three that are hers, because he doesn't feel it's his responsibility. Mind you, the father of the 3 kids are involved and does help out.
Anyways, he's mean to the kids as well.
She went to my parent's business and got a job so that she could provide for her other kids, but he didn't want her to work either.
So he served her with divorce papers.
IMO, I feel like he knew what he was coming into when he married her...He knew that she had three kids.

Anyways, with that being said...when is divorce necessary? When you are simply unhappy with your spouse? When there is infidelity? When there isn't any intimacy? Financial problems?

peace

Sounds like she shouldn't have married him in the first place if he wasn't willing to help out with the other 3. This means he will put his one above the others and cause a real problem as they grow up together, not to mention what is currently going on between them. She should have made sure that he would at least help out with certain things, if not financially with the 3. Which leads to the question of why she thought marriage to this guy was neccessary?

But to answer the question, i'd say it would be neccessary the first time i come home and i found her :tv2: Oprah or Dr. Phil. It's all down hill from there....:peekk:

Thirty-two percent of women found "for better or for worse" to be the toughest vow, while the highest percentage of men (27 percent), found it most difficult "to be faithful."
More on MSN Living: 8 most common reasons for divorce
Conversely, 25 percent of women also found "to be faithful" a tough vow to keep, while 23 percent of men had trouble with "for better or for worse."
Sixteen percent of women said "in sickness and in health" was the hardest vow, compared with a close 17 percent for men. Eighteen percent of men and 12 percent of women said "for richer, for poorer" was the biggest struggle.

:offtopic2:

peace

Sounds like she shouldn't have married him in the first place if he wasn't willing to help out with the other 3. This means he will put his one above the others and cause a real problem as they grow up together, not to mention what is currently going on between them. She should have made sure that he would at least help out with certain things, if not financially with the 3. Which leads to the question of why she thought marriage to this guy was neccessary?

But to answer the question, i'd say it would be neccessary the first time i come home and i found her :tv2: Oprah or Dr. Phil. It's all down hill from there....:peekk:

I have no clue...sometimes love is blind....Sometimes when people get married their true colors show.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back