Black People : When I was a little girl they never told me this about Africa

nilevalley

PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 18, 2014
They never told me the African continent was home of some of the most beautiful human beings
that your eyes could ever behold.
Was it envy that whites drove whites to lie and distort the physical attractiveness of the native born Africans?
Underrating their looks, because their faces were too glorious to behold?
Were they like Napoleon's army who when they first saw the face of The Great Spinx was that of a full African featured male they fired a cannon and blew off it's nose.
Their lies have been exposed no matter how they try to underrate Africans physical beauty
it still remains strong and as long as they live, their stunning appearance with lives with them

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...EQsHMYGSHqeW&q=the beautiful people of africa

Napoleon shooting the nose off the Sphinx is a myth!
http://www.smithsonianjourneys.org/blog/photo-what-happened-to-the-sphinxs-nose-180950757/

Sketches of the Sphinx by the Dane Frederic Louis Norden were created in 1737 and published in 1755, well before the era of Napoleon. However, these drawings illustrate the Sphinx without a nose and clearly contradicts the legend. So what really happened?

The Egyptian Arab historian al-Maqrīzī wrote in the 15thcentury that the nose was actually destroyed by a Sufi Muslim named Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahr. In 1378 CE, Egyptian peasants made offerings to the Great Sphinx in the hope of controlling the flood cycle, which would result in a successful harvest. Outraged by this blatant show of devotion, Sa'im al-Dahr destroyed the nose and was later executed for vandalism. Whether this is absolute fact is still debatable.

Napoleon shooting the nose off the Sphinx is a myth!
http://www.smithsonianjourneys.org/blog/photo-what-happened-to-the-sphinxs-nose-180950757/

Sketches of the Sphinx by the Dane Frederic Louis Norden were created in 1737 and published in 1755, well before the era of Napoleon. However, these drawings illustrate the Sphinx without a nose and clearly contradicts the legend. So what really happened?

The Egyptian Arab historian al-Maqrīzī wrote in the 15thcentury that the nose was actually destroyed by a Sufi Muslim named Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahr. In 1378 CE, Egyptian peasants made offerings to the Great Sphinx in the hope of controlling the flood cycle, which would result in a successful harvest. Outraged by this blatant show of devotion, Sa'im al-Dahr destroyed the nose and was later executed for vandalism. Whether this is absolute fact is still debatable.
Well at this point we have conflicting views about the Sphinx you have you your sources and I have mine
http://www.freemaninstitute.com/sphinx.htm

Interesting

Norden died in 1742 and Napoleon was born in 1769

Image drawn by Norden before Napoleon was thought of in 1737, supposedly published in 1755
2_1387916790_egypt%20giza%20sphinx%201757%20by%20frederick%20norden_.jpg

But regardless of who did what or what happened to the nose, what did the "Sphinx" mean to the people?

Interpretations can also be mistaken as information, but useful to determine an historical ideology.
Refer to the worship of Tutu or Sekmet
View attachment 5741

And I do agree, the land mass we call "Africa" holds an enormous wealth of beauty.
f371794a8c50b56909fa72022dc50dbf.jpg

Why else would it have been once called "Utopia"... Ethiopia?

Plus, they don't have to deal with a lot of man made isms like some of us here do.
That's a free spirit shining through the woman pictured above.

Nothing more beautiful than that
One of the great advantages of the internet age is now we have greater access to see all the beautiful aspects
of the African people. I am sincere when I wrote I only wished my eyes could have fallen on the facial beauty
of the men women and children of this continent. All we saw were old clips of Tarzan and tribes in the wilderness.

As children we assumed that is what Africa was about, No one was around to tell us the truth
I can imagine if someone had sat down and showed pictures of these pretty people to my friends
and myself, that would have eliminated "that I wish game" we played inside our play houses, as we
held and rocked our dolls. We never would have stopped for a wishful and said "I wish I was half white"

I think families should gather around images of African people from time to time. There is still a lot of ignorance
and misconception that need to be straightened out. A whole lot.
Thank you for your "as always" brilliant input.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back