Black Spirituality Religion : When God was a woman...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Each1teach1, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Very interesting indeed, I have heard whispers about this for years but never indulged, now since a brother has been talking about it on the board I decided I must know more. I will post what I find. I truly believe it is important to restore the balance of the sacred feminine to the world so that we sisters may return to their proper place alongside and not behind our men.

2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    The proper place is in front! hetep
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...PKGhsQLLl7SBDw&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQ9QEwAQ&dur=1000

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=the+...48&tbnw=81&start=0&ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    women need to balance and manifest the sacred feminine if that is what they desire, cause most of us men have a hard time manifesting anything sacred.

Our enitre lives are focused on pleasing women and making women happy, from childhod and mking our mothers aunts and grands happy to ealry childhood to the grave and making our sweethears happy, and that si basicaly what we live for, therefore the oonly real refelction of divine presence any man has is the woman, but as far as creation and creator, that is an active not pasive role, now if in the past women took an active ratherthen passive role in initiating the act of creaton between a woman and man, then the concept can bue understood and must be apreciated, but other then that, where is there a grounding even in symbology? unless every birh is immaculate?

4. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    I was walking down the street a few years ago when I came across a man and a woman chatting to each other. The woman was middle age and had a motherly figure. I was pondering on the huge differences between the male and the female of our species and then proceeded to make the comparison between our species and other mammalian species. We are identical except for differences in the level of development of certain organs, I thought. I wondered at what point in our evolution did we start thinking we weren't animals and were a special creation of a superbeing? And who of man or woman is more predisposed in believing in the supernatural? Primitive gods would therefore reflect the gender of the predominant group of believers.

5. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    An honest question...what do you mean as a woman who had a motherly figure?

I feel like the seperation from us and mammalian species is the fact that we have emotions that we act upon, and influence how we behave. Animals have this also, but it is very basic, we are able to not only act upon, but influence others because of our emotions. An animal may be angry and bite the hell out of you, but a human won't bite (because that is not our nature, unless you are crazy or in serious danger), they will absorb the information and use it against you. Our reasoning is what seperates us, it is different, it involves another set of emotions. It is really basic in my opinion, but we are able to build on it, and it becomes not just survival, but satisfaction.

6. SlickBeast

Australia
    Ratings:
    +361
    Motherly figure? Characteristic of a mother or resembling a mother. But I ought to have written, "a motherly appearance" to avoid confusion with a "mother figure".

Well, the emotions you are talking about which is equivalent to emotional IQ (also link to social IQ) is not unique to humans; other great apes have rather high emotional IQ as well and is simply the product of a highly developed brain just as flight (unique among mammals) in bats is due to the unique evolution of the upper limbs and torso. Every class has some extreme species somewhere. Hell, we don't know what could happen if a virus or war wipe us out entirely and in a few millions years another intelligent species in another class might evolve and start pondering on our fate.

I reckon they too will be religious as higher mental faculties and self-awareness will automatically be accompanied with religiosity on an instinctive level. But a highly trained mind can conquer most instincts to some degree. To me religiosity/superstition is just high level instinct while fear is a basic low level instinct. I mean if you are a primitive and you hear a rustling noise in the bush, you'd rather assume it's a predator and move away. More likely it would be the wind and some harmless animal. Yet, caution and imagining imaginary predators are more beneficial for his survival. This kind of mental projections I believe is the root of most myths and the beliefs in the supernatural by extension.

7. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    My only problem with that is why haven't apes or other animals evolved in this way? What you say makes total sense, I am not denying that. Apes are extremely smart, apparently you know this, but what is the hold up? They learn many habits quickly, but the ability to function as we do, that they do not learn completely. It is all about survival, at a basic level.

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Great stuff brothers....yall almost sound like you're ready to start talking with me. I can't say what needs to be said because there would be too many games from other online participants being played and what I say would be deemed as "attacking" due to the conscious and subconscious conditioning that we as a people have been under. Right now we have two problems. #1. We as so called men...and I use the word "so called men" because the word "man" simply means "woman" according to the old definitions....but we need to sit down in all areas and shut the "f" up since it was we as a group of men who got this planet in the trouble it is now in. Sure, it took us about 2,000 years to do it but we did it. #2. There aren't enough women who know their reality due to what the men have done and as such, can not see their own divinity or the reality of the (for lack of a better word) Goddess that they potentially are and historically were....meaning that they are not in a position to step up to the plate due to men.

Those of us who have been studying and really live by that saying; (I ain't new to this, I'm true to this) know exactly what it is that I'm saying. Those who haven't studied as much or not at all may be confused by what I just said. Then when the information is put out there, those of us who have been conditioned begin suffering from "cognitive dissonance" which is defined as; Mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information. Researchers showed that, when confronted with challenging new information, most people seek to preserve their current understanding of the world by rejecting, explaining away, or avoiding the new information or by convincing themselves that no conflict really exists.

This is like me saying "there was no Jesus". Now all the people who believe that there really was a Jesus will go through "cognitive dissonance" if I begin providing new information that proves that there was no Jesus because it conflicts with what they already believe to be true. It begins as mental but can manifest into the actual physical fights or death in its extreme.
    And this my dear people is why I post very carefully and actually never inform you of "what I know" because the conflict and disharmony on this site would be too great. Now, since someone was curious enough to purchase "When God Was A Woman" by Merlin Stone, they might be nice enough to also purchase "The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets" by Barbara G. Walker too.

9. SlickBeast

Australia
    Ratings:
    +361
    Intelligence is not necessarily a good characteristic for a species when you have a very low population density and living in an extremely hostile environment. Take the Neanderthals, for example, they were highly intelligent species yet they became extinct while apes still survive. Sometimes hardwired instincts allow for quicker adaptions to an hostile environment while a big brain requires many years of learning. New born Gazelles know instinctively to flee from a predator.Humans nearly became extinct too and all its intelligent forebears and hominoid cousins became extinct. Just think of that.

Why is intelligence (by that I mean higher mental faculties, we know apes and dolphins are very intelligent too but not at the same lvl as a human) not necessarily good? You need to understand the mechanism behind the evolution of a bigger, complex brain and hence intelligence. Intelligence arises because of a mutation of the jaw or jaw muscles not a mutation of the brain directly. Weaker jaw muscles (attached to the skull) allows for a bigger brain. The weaker the jaw, the larger the brain can get. For an animal such as a lion, a weak jaw is a death sentence. But for an ape living in an ape society, a mutation that weaken the jaw is less fatal as it can use it limbs to defend itself and have the protection of a group (lions also live in pride but they are way less merciful). So that ape has a chance to pass that mutation to his offspring, which allows for the evolution of a bigger brain in return over millions of years.

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    LOL.....I guess the rest of us should just be thankful that you have the ability to restrain yourself from sharing with the rest of us and saving us from any internal implosion you think "what you know" might cause.....:bus: