Black Spirituality Religion : "When God Was A Black Woman, And Why She Isn't Now"

I will reserve comment until after I purchase and read the book, and compare it to the book written by Merlin Stone.
I'm looking forward to your analysis, Bro. O.

I'm looking forward to your analysis, Bro. O.

I can only find the book on Amazon but it's on Kindle, and I can't afford any extra costs for the moment. So,...

I can only find the book on Amazon but it's on Kindle, and I can't afford any extra costs for the moment. So,...

I need to read and compare with Merlin Stone's book which talks about how the Mother Goddess (who she does not mention by name) was replaced by the Hebrew patriarchs with the God, Jehovah or Yahweh, and how the Bible has been used to suppress the rights of women. Stone's book is written from a radical feminist perspective.
To those of us familiar with BRS, this perspective is nothing new, historically speaking, and from what I have read concerning Gibson's work it is based on the works of 'others', so I just need to know his sources, rather than reading the entire text.

That's probably the smart thing to do. I know I always regard quick, flip answer with a grain of salt.

I will reserve comment until after I purchase and read the book, and compare it to the book written by Merlin Stone.

I will let u in on a little secret. I also have a copy of Merlin Stone's book. I found it very enlightening, yet noted and noticed that there was never a mention of the ethnicity of THE GODDESS in antiquity....as though it wasn't important. Probably a euro-freudian oversight!

This is also what the author of the CD-ROM said! Go figure!

I need to read and compare with Merlin Stone's book which talks about how the Mother Goddess (who she does not mention by name) was replaced by the Hebrew patriarchs with the God, Jehovah or Yahweh, and how the Bible has been used to suppress the rights of women. Stone's book is written from a radical feminist perspective.
To those of us familiar with BRS, this perspective is nothing new, historically speaking, and from what I have read concerning Gibson's work it is based on the works of 'others', so I just need to know his sources, rather than reading the entire text.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back