Black People : When Does Debate Become Drama ?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

When does debate become drama, or are they one and the same?

I've noticed some discussion suggesting that debate and drama are not the same, and i agree.

But i'm wondering, where do they intersect?

At what point does good healthy, vigorous, passionate, respectful debate ... turn into drama?

I realize we all have different tolerance levels, what one considers disrespectful, another does not.

So i'm wondering ... what specifically must happen in a debate, before you feel it has turned to drama?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

When one of the debators resorts to insulting the subject of the debate, or insulting the opposing debator, the debate becomes a joke/drama.

When one of the debators deliberately does not answer specific questions being asked and does not bother to give a reason why for not answering the questions asked, while proceeding on with opposing debate yet, asking questions. This clearly shows that one of the debators is not serious, equating to drama.

Debating rules would be fun, such as, when a debate has been brought to the table, a debating referee should be agreed upon to be present. There could even be a point system. If one breaks the rules, he or she loses points. The more points one has, that would determind who the winner is...hehehe

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back