Black People : When do you consider someone to be an elder?

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
As in, what age is someone officially an elder, to you? Is it just anyone who's older than you? Is it when they say, themselves, they're an elder? Or, 50 on up? 60 on up? 90 on up? :lol:

Who taught you this? I didn't really learn what it meant for someone to be an elder until I was in my teens. My grandparents, parents, aunts, and uncles, taught me. :D Respect yo elders, as they're all my elders.

As in, what age is someone officially an elder, to you? Is it just anyone who's older than you? Is it when they say, themselves, they're an elder? Or, 50 on up? 60 on up? 90 on up? :lol:

Who taught you this? I didn't really learn what it meant for someone to be an elder until I was in my teens. My grandparents, parents, aunts, and uncles, taught me. :D Respect yo elders, as they're all my elders.

Personally, anyone at least 7 years my senior. Communally, anyone over the age of 49 who has lived at least 7 cycles of 7 years and has served or is serving on or has served in a Council leadership position. This I was taught by my parents, other Elders, and myself.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back