Black People : When did they become BLACK?

Stop insulting folks' intelligence!.......

No comment from a member is 'dumb'. I was looking at a Dominican Republic crime fact sheet. There were people 10 times darker than I who were labeled white. This is may be where some of the confusion derives from. Plus many of them associate "Blackness" with only American Blacks. Go figure. Heck if they don't want to be "Black", then the #ell with them.

PS...LOL....Slowly I can see your initial thread post as being sarcastic.....:lol:

The majority of the Cubans in Miami (to which I believe you are referring) are the lighter ones who were of the Bourgeoi aristocratic families of Cuba that Castro forced to leave because of their racist and greedy views. There are a great many Cubans who are darker than america's majority of Blacks.

******, Negro, Afro-american, African american, Black...these are all labels that the devil uses to separate us categorically and mentally from our true place in the world. As was already stated, whites are the minority and make up only about 10-12% of the world. But to enforce their illusion of what's "normal," they must supply all of US with labels. And we fall for the BS.

In many places, it is a significant insult to be considered Black or dark because of the stigma of being regarded as negative or inferior, or "not good" as well as the lack of desire to be associated with the "dumb, lazy" Blacks of America.

Personally, I'm suprised that they finally called the Brothers Black.

spicybrown said:
No comment from a member is 'dumb'. I was looking at a Dominican Republic crime fact sheet. There were people 10 times darker than I who were labeled white. This is may be where some of the confusion derives from. Plus many of them associate "Blackness" with only American Blacks. Go figure. Heck if they don't want to be "Black", then the #ell with them.

PS...LOL....Slowly I can see your initial thread post as being sarcastic.....:lol:
Sarcastic, huh? i don't understand. Guess you can see now why I use the screen name Slowly. I can't get this link thingy to work right but go to www.reference.com and type into the search box 'Blacks'. Afro-Cuban, Afro-Mexican etc are terms used to describe brown and black skinned people. (Looks like this term was commonly used to denote people of color, and we just kinda fell into it.) But with the medias recent rise is calling spanish speaking people Black seems to me like they are minimising American Blacks. It just grates me the way Hurricane Katrina victims were called refuges.

backtoafrica said:
Oh my gosh! This has got to be the dumbest thing anybody could say!! You honestly don't know that there are actually black people in these areas?! They were taken there as slaves. Oh and hispanic is not a race either.
ok, hispanic is an ethnicity, so sorry.

Sefirot said:
The majority of the Cubans in Miami (to which I believe you are referring) are the lighter ones who were of the Bourgeoi aristocratic families of Cuba that Castro forced to leave because of their racist and greedy views. There are a great many Cubans who are darker than america's majority of Blacks.

******, Negro, Afro-american, African american, Black...these are all labels that the devil uses to separate us categorically and mentally from our true place in the world. As was already stated, whites are the minority and make up only about 10-12% of the world. But to enforce their illusion of what's "normal," they must supply all of US with labels. And we fall for the BS.

In many places, it is a significant insult to be considered Black or dark because of the stigma of being regarded as negative or inferior, or "not good" as well as the lack of desire to be associated with the "dumb, lazy" Blacks of America.

Personally, I'm suprised that they finally called the Brothers Black.

Well said Brother, well said. But...how do we get whats ours without the labels?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back