Black People : When Did Being 'Black' Become So One Dimensional?

So, matriarchy wouldn't appeal to those people who move around like a lot such as merchants or mercenaries?

How is property handled in a matriarchy?

Nomad like pirates.

In a pirate economy there are not merchants or mercenaries.

As to property, the basis is matrilineal. I.e. property is passed down from Mother to Daughter or Uncle to Nephew rather than Father to (first) Son.

African societies historically have never been matriarchal. This is a modern american phenomenon

Read "Cultural Unity" by Cheikh Ante Diop.

It's the entire premise of the book.

With sufficient continental evidence.

It's one claim to say Africans in America weren't; it's something else entirely to be oblivious of most history.

Read "Cultural Unity" by Cheikh Ante Diop.

It's the entire premise of the book.

With sufficient continental evidence.

It's one claim to say Africans in America weren't; it's something else entirely to be oblivious of most history.

African societies were always patriarchal until the sons of Cane showed up to divide us

Nomad like pirates.

In a pirate economy there are not merchants or mercenaries.

Merchants and mercenaries are nomadic to a large degree.

ABSiblings said:
As to property, the basis is matrilineal. I.e. property is passed down from Mother to Daughter or Uncle to Nephew rather than Father to (first) Son.

Is their private ownership in a matriarchy or is property held in common or by a group?
What you've described to me is a custom of inheritance.

My question concerns the tenure of land.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back