Black People : When Did Being 'Black' Become So One Dimensional?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
It used to be whenever whites needed or wanted to get their groove on, past generations came up with somebody new? Now white grannies wear Fifty's caps?!? What they're really idenitifying with: Blacks with more money than they got...Being I'm not one of them: I'm not flattered or impressed about the mimickry...Are you? FYI...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
The very notion of whites in blackface, i. e., poor whites making fun of black slaves folk culture etc, though they weren't really all that better off, way back then, kinda sorta reveals their present descendants aren't all that better off either...

I. e., so who are we really being challenged by, and what is this notion of blacks vs whites, truly based on?

Above and beyond their false identifications, etc., with folk they have nothing in common with, except being white, the noise some (if not all) are making over those government bailouts, etc., the same folks didn't when 'their' jobs etc. were being outsourced overseas to begin with....

So, just who is 'the enemy', these days?

Perhaps the same as they're been all along...

And mere skin shades etc. has nothing to do with it...

FYI...

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
The very notion of whites in blackface, i. e., poor whites making fun of black slaves folk culture etc, though they weren't really all that better off, way back then, kinda sorta reveals their present descendants aren't all that better off either...

I. e., so who are we really being challenged by, and what is this notion of blacks vs whites, truly based on?

Above and beyond their false identifications, etc., with folk they have nothing in common with, except being white, the noise some (if not all) are making over those government bailouts, etc., the same folks didn't when 'their' jobs etc. were being outsourced overseas to begin with....

So, just who is 'the enemy', these days?

Perhaps the same as they're been all along...

And mere skin shades etc. has nothing to do with it...

FYI...
Not quite chuck. It's important to realize that the races have different racial organization. That is, Asians and Europeans organize in Patriarchy; Africans in Matriarchy.

There are further differences between Asians and Europeans but it's not necessary herein.

As it were, I'm having this discussion with an African scholar in the UK, who insists that we should abandon the "Black" description as it's defined by Whiteness. This is a continuation of Amos Wilson's discouragement of defining "Black" as reaction to "White." In the English language, "Black" has a non-indigenous definition amongst our people, thus we are confused in interacting with it. After all "Black" is defined negatively. Recounting on our youth "Blacks" were entertainers.

Still, there is an indigenous definition of Blackness. Some of us know it, but it peeks through our observation of our ancestors: Harriet Tubman, for instance, was Black; Frederick Douglass, Black, Martin Delany, Black. And this indigenous definition is the consistency from our ancient ancestry down to today (minus the interracial corruptions.)

By the by, however, "Matriarchy" is the key difference. So truly Black is not another shade of White or vise versa. Black is very different. And Black and White can not mix and respect their ancestry.

As it were, most Blacks live in Patriarchy(-lite) in America so we're unclear of how we differ. But our problems partially stem from the fact that we live in Patriarchy(-lite) rather than Matriarchy.

HTP

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Not quite chuck. It's important to realize that the races have different racial organization. That is, Asians and Europeans organize in Patriarchy; Africans in Matriarchy.

There are further differences between Asians and Europeans but it's not necessary herein.

As it were, I'm having this discussion with an African scholar in the UK, who insists that we should abandon the "Black" description as it's defined by Whiteness. This is a continuation of Amos Wilson's discouragement of defining "Black" as reaction to "White." In the English language, "Black" has a non-indigenous definition amongst our people, thus we are confused in interacting with it. After all "Black" is defined negatively. Recounting on our youth "Blacks" were entertainers.

Still, there is an indigenous definition of Blackness. Some of us know it, but it peeks through our observation of our ancestors: Harriet Tubman, for instance, was Black; Frederick Douglass, Black, Martin Delany, Black. And this indigenous definition is the consistency from our ancient ancestry down to today (minus the interracial corruptions.)

By the by, however, "Matriarchy" is the key difference. So truly Black is not another shade of White or vise versa. Black is very different. And Black and White can not mix and respect their ancestry.

As it were, most Blacks live in Patriarchy(-lite) in America so we're unclear of how we differ. But our problems partially stem from the fact that we live in Patriarchy(-lite) rather than Matriarchy.

HTP
CTJ:

What you talking about, Willis?!?

SMH...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
But, yeah: Those africans who stole back their freedom had much in common with indigenous folk in the americas, up to and including their's being a female maintained/supported/etc. centered means/ways/etc. base of life/culture etc.

Always try to not talk over our heads..

Do break it all down, brown, so the less than formerely educated know and understand what you're writing/talking/etc. about, too...

FYI...

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: