Black Money Business Jobs : When building your business means hiding that it's black-owned

Aside from the whole concept of what 'the American dream' thing is and what one would or does do to obtain that endless dead end pursuit. Aside from that.
My biggest question is what does he or she do to support black businesses or services and community during the time getting there and then the thereafter when one 'makes it'?
To me that question is more important then what one does or doesn't do to make a buck.

The creator of Digitally Black thought about this immensely. About showing a face or not. For the sake of growth showing face would help. However, long-term there is some concern. This is just a personal belief but truly empowering black people is a suicide mission. MLK, Malcolm X, Mohamed Ali, Michael Jackson, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Nat Turner and the list goes on.

If self-sacrifice isn't your cup of tea, then your efforts will be undone somehow someway. So currently staying anonymous sounds like the best choice of action. Many celebrities don't brag about how they help us. We wonder what that reason is. We wonder if secretly Oprah, Jay Z and other billionaires and millionaires quietly help us.

Is that because they want to or is it because they have to? If it's because of the latter then what threat is posed against them compared to little ol us trying to build a directory website? We'd love to hear feedback on this.

If the business just extracts from the black community then I'd just as soon see them in the rear view. And that's any business.

For instance our patio design co. I can see where there is a bunch of different trades and talent need get involved to complete any individual job. Do they mine the black community as a source of the lowest common denominator to pocket some profits for themselves. i.e.. extract? Or do they pay fair value in trade and taking less for themselves so those monies go back to the black community on pay day?
A company (or any company) is of no value to us if they are in the business of extraction. Black or white owned.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back