Black Money Business Jobs : When building your business means hiding that it's black-owned

The_Revolutionist

BANNED
Jul 29, 2017

In growing his patio-installation company, Duane Draughon erased all clues to the public that he, a black man, owned the business.

750x422

"I never said I wasn't the owner. If asked, I would admit it. But I always said I was either the project manager or a designer," he said.

Draughon is among entrepreneurs who feel compelled to conceal the fact that their businesses are black-owned for fear they will lose patronage — either to misconceptions that the products or services are only for blacks, or to racial biases on the part of potential users.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/blues...rs-downplay-ownership-bsi-20160414-story.html

In growing his patio-installation company, Duane Draughon erased all clues to the public that he, a black man, owned the business.

750x422

"I never said I wasn't the owner. If asked, I would admit it. But I always said I was either the project manager or a designer," he said.

Draughon is among entrepreneurs who feel compelled to conceal the fact that their businesses are black-owned for fear they will lose patronage — either to misconceptions that the products or services are only for blacks, or to racial biases on the part of potential users.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/blues...rs-downplay-ownership-bsi-20160414-story.html

If he’s hiding I won’t be using his service.
Should he fear losing black customers. Maybe he’s convinced Blacks have no money.

Peace and Blessings Family,

This is a great topic and a real consideration, at least for me it was.

I found it strange to even have to consider, but it surely came to mind.

Personally, I chose to put my picture on my earlier home page, top right.

Remove all questions and wondering. Put the truth on the table.

2890-1328781668-c39ad359dbd780f9026bb91236aebb56.png

That was easier for me, letting the chips fall where they may.

But different goals require different actions.

I would not be mad at someone for choosing to do it a different way.

This phenomena, having to consider how one will present themselves, is an Internet thing.

Prior to it, we met in person, did business in person ... but there are choices now.

Each one must choose what is best for their endeavor.

Thanks everyone for sharing!

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back