Black People Politics : When Black Leaders Made Sense...

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Aluku, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Aluku

Aluku Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    A long time ago our black leaders made sense.

MLK: After being asked who he would endorse for president he would say,(paraphrasing) Whoever I vote for will have to earn my vote. (He never went on record in support for either party, which is the CORRECT way.)

It is interesting to note that Detroit has voted 100% democrat since the early 60's, at which time Detroit was actually the richest city in the nation...

Wait there is more:

White liberals keep insulting us by equating our civil rights fight with the fight of the LGBT community.

Here is a direct quote from LBJ(Kennedy's vice president, who became president AFTER JFK assassination) :
    White liberals vote AGAINST our interests by opposing school choice because they are in bed with the Teacher's Unions, and the Teachers Unions all oppose school choice. For many in the inner cities the only chance to a decent education is by going to either a private school or a charter school.

As I said in another post, the point I'm making is not to switch parties but to give your vote to those who EARN it during any particular election season.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :10500: and your premise is that black voters are too dumb to know this?

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I hear and agree with many of your points. I voted for Obama for several reasons. One being the obvious, he's black. Now many many disagree with that reason but I urge them to think that neither we, nor whites made this an issue when we had white candidates running for president. The other reason is that he was the lesser of the other evils. This second time around in my opinion had little doubt who was the better of the two. Has Obama been perfect, no, not by a long shot. Has he lied, and reneged on campaign promises, yes he has. But show me one president who hasn't, so why should I hold him to a different standard.

Unfortunately, our system of elections is flawed so we can only do two things, not vote, or vote for the one who tells the best lies.

Peace!

4. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    ^^^^
    ...these days, I just elect to not vote. Period.

Of course, that doesn't solve the problem. Doesn't help the problem, either. Honestly, indifference is what got us into this mess. I used to be really into politics and whatnot but...meh.
    I'm just tired of it all. There's always some kind of crap going on.
    It's just way easier to tune everything out.

I never voted for Obama. I donated to his campaign because, initially, he (and Hilliary) turned me off in the beginning with this whole 'DLs for immigrants' crap. Hell no - and in the interests of National freakin' Security - I do not agree with giving illegal immigrants a source document. Were people insane?
    Also, I got tired of them blowing smoke up everyone's butt with this 'everyone will be out of Iraq in months' mess. Please - anyone, active or veteran, knows fully well that's a load of bull.
    Combat operations are virtually suspended but theater is still going on. For one, we have to rebuild the place. We destabilized an entire region, overthrew a country's leader and destroyed it's middle class/infrastructure. Uh...yeah - we're going to be there for a minute.
    Secondly, we are still the cork in the damned bottle. Iraqi police can't hold that m/f together.

Plus, I was so turned off by the Democrats, in general, at that time. In 08, they held a rally in St Pete/Tampa and all their talk was about 'slavery' and 'getting back at the white man by voting for Obama'.
    Of course, that never rec'vd coverage in the national media. If you've never lived in a swing state, don't visit any time during an election season.
    All in all? The Dems are about as bad as the GOP with their shameless race-baiting. Stirring things up and creating discord to win some votes. It's disgusting. '08 was the first year that I didn't see white Dems stumping at black mega-churches with their 'black accents'.
    Let a Republican do that and black folks would still be raisin' hell.
    Hilliary Clinton does it and everyone gives an endearing smile.
    "Oh...hilliary!"

I don't care much for Republicans but at least you know what you're getting with them. They're upfront about it. The Dems just pretend to be different when they're truly far worse. They use black people. They've crippled this community...and they aim to do the same with 'Latinos' (the media-created 'voting bloc' *wink*). I hate the Democrats.

The second time, I donated way less. I donated based on blackness because a vote for him would've been a vote for blackness. I gave resources to 'help a brotha out'. To support him. I will donate for such a reason. I'd never cast a vote for a POTUS based on race/ethnicity alone, however.

... but that's not the heart of it for me. No. If you, ENKI, are politically knowledgeable and blah, blah else? I have no issue with your reasoning. His black-ish-ness was one of many reasons for your support. That's fair.

However, you had a bunch of black folks who are so obviously new to politics - don't understand how the system works - who now refuse to support the man because he can't move mountains.
    I only see this attitude among voters who voted for Obama because he's black(ish), alone.
    This, I have a problem with. Absolutely.
    I have a problem with ALL one-issue/low-information voters.
    ....and people like that are just the worse kind of 'one issue/low-information voter' there is.

... and I knew this would happen. I swear, I called it. Called it back in 08. Saw all of these people running around here in their Obama shirts, falling all 'in love' with the man. Back then, they looked at you half-crazy after explaining that you're not totally in the pot for Obama. Well - I'm an 'Independent' voter, though a conservative. I don't support 'parties'.
    They would laugh and insinuate that you're some 'sellout'... until you asked them a question about his policies, voting record, etc... and wipe the smile from their faces....
    That always felt good.

Like I said, I knew this would happen. I said on a hair board a long time ago, that'd we'd all have a bunch of disenchanted Obama supporters hollaring and blowing snot on our shoulders the very minute Puff: The Magical Negro fails to turn water to wine.

Do I like Obama 100%. I don't like any politician 100%. I don't fall in love with politicians. It's dangerous. If I criticize him, it's because I have a reason to. I don't understand what's wrong with that. I've don't hold him to unrealistic expectations...something else that black folks tend to do.

Honestly, Obama tries. I'm not even a liberal or Dem and I can see that. Even Bush didn't do everything wrong. You knew going in that Obama was either going to change things or be changed...or end up forced to take back a promise or compromise value in the long run.

It's not an easy thing to run a country.

5. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I respect your right to not vote, plenty of people do. But when you don't you really can't complain. Like I said, he does have his faults, but can it honestly be said that he hasn't done now one good thing sense he's been in office? I agree with you about the state of this country's politics, but it is what it is.

This is a broad issue, so can you be more specific. For example, are you talking about people that have been here for decades, and have contributed to this country.

I agree. But active and veterans know this is easier said than done.

These sound like talking points, I've heard them ad nuaseum from Fox news, Hannity, and O'Reilly. Also, lets not blame Obama for something he voted against, but has to clean up.

These are people that don't know how this system of government works. Also they voted for the wrong reason if this is the case; so I have to agree with you on this point. Many thought that he should get in there and just declare war on the white race. Looking how congress is giving him a hard time, I doubt a bill that was made to harm whites would pass. I wonder, what would such a bill contain?

Lets not got there. Out of all the blatant disrespect Obama has face, this is a moot point. What about the bad conduct, and comment by whites that never got national media attention? Your bias is beginning to show.

So I take it you don't like Democrats....

Oh please....

Are you saying you knew how Romney felt about 47% of the country? Are you saying you knew Bush would lie to you to start a war? Now what does that say about you to know all of this and still support them?:11200:

Are you aware there were blacks that left this world thinking that there would never be a black president? There were blacks that voted for Obama because they came up in a different time and era than you, and don't see things the same as you. And if they voted for him based on racer alone, that was their right, wasn't it? Have you ever wondered if a white voted for Clinton, Bush1, Bush2, Gore, etc... because they were white?

So why do blacks have to face this question from whites and blacks?:thinking:

But why would you have an issue with it period when you don't vote? And yes, Obama being black was one of many reasons for me voting for him.

I made it big for all to see. Liker I said, it's funny we get this question, but whites never get it. Did you ask a white if he/she voted for Clinton because he was white?

I agree, but they did vote.

But aren't people that don't vote in the same boat, or worse? Let me ask you a question, do you know how the electoral college works? I can tell buy you comments and finger pointing you really don't.

That don't make you a sellout, but I would ask you when was the last time an independent won the presidency?

On the other hand, I have seen blacks that deserved this title. I saw two of them on the Tucker Carlton show (I think) and they were saying that there has not been one thing, that was done to Obama that was disrespectful. They also said that there has not been any racism directed towards Obama.

So do you agree with these two lackies?

But this is normal, look how people turned against Bush at the end...So Obama is not special when it comes to this. And this is my point, we set a different standard for Obama that we don't set for Yt.

But what grounds do you have to criticize him when you don't vote?

So this whole diatribe was to get things off your chest...ok...I can get with that...Kool.

Peace!