Black Spirituality Religion : When "Atheists" Attack

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by UBNaturally, Jun 14, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Jan 15, 2014
    Just did this on a whim, but who knew that "EVERYBODY" is just simply crazy in the head, even the "level headed ones".

Atheist charged with assaulting pastor
    Tuesday October 22, 2013 11:10 AM

NORTH HAMPTON, Ohio — A western Ohio pastor says he feared for his life as he begged a man to stop beating him in an attack in his church after Sunday service.

Police in North Hampton, near Springfield, said the Rev. Norman Hayes suffered a broken nose, bruises and three long cuts on his face that required stitches. Hayes, 57, was beaten at Bridge Community Church by a self-described atheist after the pastor asked the man’s girlfriend if she felt safe, the Dayton Daily News reported.

“He was very, very upset that I’d even suggest that he would hurt her,” said Hayes, who said the man had been very argumentative and confrontational during his service. The pastor said the man then hit him “and knocked me down, then he got on top of me and just kept hitting me over and over.”

Full Report

Man who beat North Hampton pastor sentenced to 8 years
    Wednesday April 9, 2014 6:00 PM

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — A Springfield man was sentenced to eight years in prison Wednesday after earlier pleading guilty to violently assaulting a North Hampton pastor inside of a local church last year.

James Maxie, 28, was given the maximum sentence for the felonious assault as Rev. Norman Hayes and some of his family members sat in the courtroom Wednesday. Maxie had, a self-described militant atheist, had pleaded guilty to the crime March 13.

Maxie apologized to the pastor during his sentencing hearing Wednesday morning, his hands shaking as he read a handwritten letter in front of the court. In his letter, Maxie said he did not go to Bridge Community Church on the morning of Oct. 20 with the intention of harming Hayes, but that the emotional pain of dealing with his father’s sickness caused him to snap at the pastor the day of the attack.

“That pain is what I walked into that church with,” Maxie said. “I was spiritually sick and needed a doctor, but instead I released that sickness onto Mr. Hayes.”

After the church services that day, in which Hayes said Maxie was argumentative and confrontational, Maxie attacked Hayes in the hallway of the church, striking the pastor several times in the face.

Full Report

• The question from this one is obvious
    The below report almost reminds me of the girl attacking her stepfather for playing Gospel music

Atheist charged with allegedly attacking roommate he thought was Jesus
    Wednesday April 9, 2014 4:47 pm

Gustav Potthoff has a cross to bear: He's a self-proclaimed atheist accused of attacking his roommate whom he thought was Jesus.

As such, he believes that only an atheist attorney can defend him properly.

Police in Orlando, Fla. allege that Potthoff attacked his roommate, Raymond Hernandez, with a glass cup and a butter knife on Monday.

According to the police report, Hernandez said he went to the kitchen to get a drink when Potthoff suddenly threw the glass cup at him.

When the cup missed Hernandez, Potthoff allegedly attacked him with a butter knife.

Hernandez avoided injury both times. He told investigators that Potthoff told him he thought Hernandez was Jesus and wanted to kill him, according to the police report.

Potthoff, 51, was arrested Monday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The suspect did not mention Jesus when he told police his side of the story, but changed his story numerous times, according to the police report.

Full Report